The ball

Draco's POV -
So all I need to do is get her alone, in a ballroom full of people. Simple. I hope.
---------------------------------------------
Hermione's POV -
There is only one option left, the worst one. I need to confront Malfoy. I'll have to do it at the ball, I won't be with Krum all the time, will I?

The weekend comes quickly and I head to hogsmead to get a dress, but I can't find one that suits me. I ask Professor McGonagall if I can go to a muggle shop to buy a dress and amazingly she agrees but makes the head girl of Gryffindor come with me.
I search for a while until I find the perfect dress. I now actually can't wait until the ball.
---------------------------------------------
Draco's POV-
Granger, I need to talk to you. No.
Granger, there is something I need to discuss with you. No, merlin this is going to be harder than I thought. I am her enemy, this was never going to be easy but I have to tell her. I hate myself. I run my hands through my furiously gelled hair forgetting how it sticks to my hands. thankfully it is the end of the day so I can shower and release it from its rigid, stiff and horrid way. If it wasn't for father's family pride and Snape constantly making sure I am 'on track' I'd let my presentation slack but I can't do that. I hate my life.

---------------------------------------------

Third person -

he walked rather hastily to the shower. The water ran down his face, he wasn't sure whether it was the water or his tears streaming down his cheeks. All he wanted was to have two separate lives. One where he could keep his reputation and another where he could just let go, be who he wanted to be, not who his father wanted him to be, not who he was.

"Please, I need someone, anyone to save me." he whispers through the water running down between his lips. he finishes his shower and dries off ruffling his damp hair and leaving it looking rugged and dangerous, just how he liked it. This was the only time he got to look how he wanted, his parents didn't know but he had a secret stash of muggle clothes that he just happens to love wearing, they were so much more comfortable than his other clothes but he only got to wear them when he was at Hogwarts when no one would see him, so he made the most of it while he could. He was wearing a blue t-shirt, natural denim blue jeans and black socks. He lied down on his bed, thinking about the letter he received and the person he was slowly growing to like a lot more than he wanted to. Who was she related to? Why was it only his family that knew about it? He was so confused about the whole situation.

Hermione on the other hand was talking with Harry and Ron about the ball, as quietly as possible of course because they were meant to be working 'silently' with Snape patrolling behind them. Ron was talking to Harry about who they were going to take.

---------------------------------------------

Hermione's POV -

I cant believe how pig-ignorant he is! How can someone be so oblivious. I want to cry. I just knew that he wouldn't ask me in time, that's why I agreed to go with Krum.

"Hermione, you're a girl." he says almost questionably.

"oh well spotted." I state sarcasm screaming in my voice. He repeats what Fred did but Snape catches him, swacking him with the papers in his hand. I roll my eyes now getting agitated.

"come on! its alright for a guy to go alone but for a girl it's just sad." he murmurs when Snape had passed. This really riles up my anger making me ridiculously mad.

"I wont be going alone" I say standing up from the bench almost too suddenly.

"Because believe it or not somebody's already asked me." I walk over to Snape and hand him my book. I walk back up to them, now seethingly angry.