Chapter Three: Why Are You Here?

Feel Something
Jaymes Young
____________________________

Sirius sat in the dorm with James, trying to decide when Quidditch Trial results would be posted when Lily Evans burst through the door dragging a certain Greenwright behind her.

"I've had enough of this! You two must work out your issues! James you're coming with me." Lily announced, grabbing James by the arm and dragging him out of the room.

The pair looked at each other, stunned.

*2 days earlier*

"Everyone, shut it!" James yelled at the group of potential Quidditch players.

Kara rolled her eyes at the group of rowdy witches and wizards around her, annoyed by their childish behavior. She saw Sirius standing behind James, knowing he was oblivious to her presence. With every part of her being she didn't want to care, but she did.

She folded her arms across her chest, her broom tucked in them. Kara listened as James listed off the rules, and where they had to go depending on the spot they were trying out for. She walked over to the side of the pitch, watching as her fellow Gryffindors readied themselves. She sighed looking at the stands in search of Alice and Lily.

Kara hadn't expected this many Gryffindors to show up, but she was wrong. About half of the stands were filled with her housemates, all of them yelling for a close friend, or significant other to do their best. She spotted Lily and Alice sitting with Remus and Peter, something she should have expected.

Kara kicked off the ground, rising into the air quickly. She looked at her opponents, most of them not built like a Seeker should be. She watched as someone released the Quaffles, and Bludgers, and lastly the Golden Snitch. She tracked the Snitch's movement as it flew into the stands, ruffling hair, and buzzing in ears. The three people next to her took off, flying around the pitch in search of the small golden object.

She felt a rush of wind go past her face, knowing exactly what it was. She whirled her broomstick around, leaning forward and gaining speed as she took off after the Snitch. She swerved around James as the Snitch flew past, her speed increasing. Kara watched as it dropped quickly, diving down and reaching her hand out, hearing the other potential Seekers yelling behind her.

She felt the flutter of its wings stop as she wrapped her fingers around it, pulling up quickly as to not hit the ground.

***

Sirius watched a Seeker fly with immense speed towards the ground, his eyes unable to fully track the movements of the Snitch. The other players had stopped, all of them intently watching the other Seekers follow them, no her, it was a girl, towards the ground, each of them stopping in fear as they got closer and closer to the pitch.

"James, mate, who is that?" Sirius finally asked, amazed at her agility and fearlessness.

"I believe that's your soulmate." James stated, a smirk on his face as Sirius' eyes got wider.

"Are you sure?" Sirius asked, looking at James oddly.

Suddenly the girl shot up in the air, a triumphant look on her face. She thrust her arm up in the air, the Snitch held tightly in her fist. It was definitely Kara, Sirius decided, as the stands erupted into cheering.