Chapter Four: Angry Expressions and Explanations.

Want You Back
5 Seconds of Summer
________________________________

Kara didn't want to feel this way. She didn't want to feel upset, and guilty for what she'd said to Sirius the night before. All Kara wanted to do was sit in the Astronomy Tower and hide.

Her book and dead cell phone sat in her lap, her hair tucked behind her ear. She'd stopped reading ages ago, the thoughts of the words from the night before being too distracting. Kara sighed, reopening the book, blindly letting her eyes move across the page.

Every word they'd said to each other ran through her mind on repeat, the hurt look in his eyes plastered to her eyelids. The more she thought about him the worse she felt, but it was normal wasn't it? She felt hurt and angry when she'd think of him with others and not acknowledging their bond for years before now, so what was different? Was it because she had hurt him this time?

Kara shook her head. No, it wasn't her fault. He'd gotten what he'd deserved, right? She sighed, wishing she could talk to someone about her predicament. The guilt was beginning to become overbearing, but she would push it down and ignore it, no matter what it took. She yawned, her eyes stinging with exhaustion. Kara closed her book, standing from her seat in the window.

She turned back to the window, looking out over the grounds and leaning against the wall. Her balance wavered, her lack of sleep starting to over take her bodily functions. She pushed herself away from the wall, walking towards the spiral staircase, stumbling all the way.

Kara was halfway down the stairs when she was nearly run over by someone rushing up the stairs. They ran straight into one another, her and whoever this person was, but due to their quick reflexes she didn't find herself falling back onto the stair behind her. Whoever it was extremely warm, and she could feel their heart racing underneath her hand that had gripped itself in the fabric of their black AC/DC t-shirt.

"There you are! We've been looking for you all morning!" She heard Lily cry, her redheaded friend holding onto James' arm tightly.

Kara smiled to herself, but still taking note of Lily and James' relieved faces. She watched Remus come running up behind them, out of breath, Alice and Peter right on his heels. They were all there, but where was Sirius?

"Are you alright, love? You look like you haven't slept lately." She heard him say, his voice deep and raspy as if he'd been talking or yelling too much.

Kara looked up at his face, confused by the relief and... was that concern?... in his grey eyes. His black hair was messy and windswept as though he'd been running or flying a broom recently. Sirius was holding her against his chest, one arm wrapped around her waist, the other up against hers, her hand clasped tightly in his.

Somehow, she was just noticing, she had dropped her book, her phone sitting in her back pocket. She hadn't realized how close his face was to hers, or the fact that she didn't seem to be alright. She looked at him and nodded, letting her hand relax, and let go of his shirt, her hand slipping out of his as she stepped back.

She pushed her shock away, ignoring her heart hammering in her chest, her eyes hardening, and walls going up. She stared at Sirius long and hard, struggling to hide her shock at the raw emotion on his face. He held so much worry and relief in his expression she had to look away. How was she supposed to stay mad at him if he kept looking at her like that?

"Kara, did you even sleep last night?" He asked, reaching out to touch her face.

"Don't, Sirius. Just don't." She grabbed his hand and pushed it away, shaking her head.