Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Scarlett's Point of View

Song: I'll Find You by Lecrae ft. Tori Kelly

There was nothing worse than the morning after. Some say being hang over is the worse. Well I would tell them, try and be hung over from alcohol, drugs, also withdrawing because I didn't take my prescription pills last night and on top of all that, be struggling to walk because your thigh is so sore from slicing it to pieces the night before.

Yeah. There was nothing worse than the morning after. The hate for myself would increase along with disappointment. Because I had given in to the need, to the darkness. I had self harmed, not just with a razor but with drugs and alcohol as well.

I threw the blanket back and slowly brought my feet to the floor. I glanced at the time after one in the afternoon. Great I had missed my statement with the police. I think it was at eleven. I reached for the glass that still had vodka in it and threw it down. I needed something to drink my body was craving water, but all I had in reach was left over vodka.

My head was pounding, my thigh was aching and I had learnt over the years that blood stained, so I always had black sheets on the bed.

I reached for my phone. I guess I should call my lawyer and explain why I stood them up this morning. What was I going to say? Sorry I didn't make it cause I had drank and smoked myself into an coma?

I frowned looking at my phone, miss calls from David. David was the lawyer who I had hoped could come up with a solution to my problem. I knew it was a long shot. But David was gifted when it came to the law. Well gifted in working around it. He was so good at working around the law, that judges and other lawyers didn't even realize he was crooked.

He loved a challenge and I had given him a huge one yesterday. One he said he couldn't see himself solving.

I call his number and place it to my ear. The sound of the ringing was loud enough to make me cringe.

"Scarlett was beginning to think you were blocking my calls?" David answered and his voice was louder than normal or at least to my ear.

"Sorry. I was asleep." I didn't lie to David, well I did about my bipolar. But telling him I was asleep was the truth.

"Have you got me a Christmas present yet?"

I frowned. "It's June?"

"Yeah but you are going to need to put some real thought into what you get me after I tell you what I have to tell you."

"What are you trying to tell me?" He had my full attention now- he wasn't saying that he had worked out a solution to my problem? "Are you saying you can get Nate off?"

"I can't get him off the charges but I can get the case dismissed."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "David you are fucking amazing." I was going to tell him how much I owed him but before I could open my mouth and tell him, he spoke.

"Before you say another word, there is a condition to my miracle, one you mightn't want to agree too."

I frowned and then listened to him as he explained.

***

I smoothed out the crinkles in my dress, then pulling my white coat around me. I was gripping the folder which contained everything David and I worked on all day a bit tight, as I pressed the penthouse floor number.

I had to get past reception, lied and said I was Nate's lawyer. So I got permission to enter the lift and head up. I knew what I was about to suggest to him was insane. Yeah I was questioning on whether he would kick me out of his apartment as soon as he heard what I had to say.