Chapter 8

Nate's Point of View

I hung up the phone, slipping it back into my gym bag. She had agreed that meant something didn't it? Surely she wouldn't come out, out of guilt would she? I walked out of the locker room back into the gym.

My body was aching after being put through boot camp all week. It was routine after a break from service that we are put through fitness tests before we head back out. All this shit with the pharmacy and the shooting had forced me a month from service.

The team hadn't been dispatched. The boys saw it as bad luck to leave for a mission without a full team. So they had had a month off, a well-deserved one. It had been awhile since we had had a break.

I just wished it was under different circumstances.

I had spun them the same story about Scarlett. They hadn't brought it, I could tell. They knew me to well and they knew what I thought of marriage and relationships. Even though I knew they didn't really believe me, they were going along with it. I hadn't lied to Scarlett when I said they were on my case about meeting her.

All bloody week they had been whining about it.

"HE'S BACK!" Aiden jumped off the bar, stopping his chin ups.

Kaden slapped me on the back "So what did she say? Is she coming?"

"Yes she's coming now will you all just piss off." I shoved his hand off my back, shaking my head at their weird behaviour. You would think they had never seen me with a girl before.

Though I suppose Scarlett was my wife. I swallowed sharply. It's going to take a while for me to get use to that. How such a flawless beauty wanted to be with me, was beyond me.

"She's coming Lucas!" Kaden was quick to inform Lucas, who had just finished his run on the treadmill. "Tonight's going to be worth all the week of pain."

Kaden was just keen to get on the hunt for a female tonight and to check Scarlett out.

"Bloody better be, my body is killing." Lucas muttered, taking a gulp of water. "No more killing people without orders Chambers." He pointed at me. "I can't go through this again."

"You three weren't complaining last week when you were living it up on the coast." I reminded the three of them while walking back to the weights.

Another two hours and we would be done. I just had to get through the next two hours and then I could worry about tonight. She said she was going to come, but what if she changed her mind? What if she realized she didn't have to come?

I felt my body tense when I thought of her sitting at home all by herself all week. I didn't like her by herself. I cursed bitterly at myself. I barely knew her, why the hell did I care if she was home by herself or not.

Scarlett had casted a spell or something over my thinking. All day my thoughts drifted to her and all night my mind ran wild with ideas, her small flawless frame lying beside me. It was enough to drive any man insane.

Not even a priest could ignore Scarlett's radiating beauty and she had promised to be mine and that got me every time.

My ran my hand through my hair. Why did I get the feeling that she avoided me, when I said about her work?

***

It was incredible, what a secret life Scarlett lived. No one really knew what she did. In fact as fair as I knew, it was a complete mystery. I had tried to track down where she worked- convince her to have a lunch. I had a feeling she wasn't looking after herself.

"Look how nervous he is." Kaden laughed from across the serving table. "Come on Chamber's calm down."

I contained my need to snap at him. It was after eleven, in fact is was after midnight and she still hadn't shown up.