Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Scarlett's Point of View

Song: Enough by Delta Goodrem

I had never felt this warm and relaxed. I frowned for a second, my head wasn't on a pillow. Suddenly last night came rushing back to me, the main fact being- I had gone to sleep in the same bed as Nate.

My eyes sprung open, and then I felt his fingers running through my hair. As relaxing as his fingers running through my hair was, I lifted my head, looking up at him.

And I was panicking.

"Oh my god Nate I am so sorry!" I was quick to pull away from him completely. The words gushing out. "I didn't mean to sleep on you. You should have pushed me off!"

"Scarlett, stop." His hand was on my back and he pushed me back to him. "Do you really think I'd let you sleep on me, if I didn't want you to?"

I wasn't sure what to say. So I kept my lips closed and lowered my head back to his chest. I had never woke up with someone in my bed before. Not even Lilly slept in my bed when she was little. Like never ever had I shared a bed with someone.

"So what do you need of me today? I'm just assuming you have a day packed to pull this lie off." His words were matter of fact, but kind at the same time.

"I have to call David and he will lodge all the paper work, which means," I groaned, and sighed at the same time. "I have to tell my parents before it hits Dad's desk."

Telling Dad. That was the only thing I wanted to put off. The fake marriage, moving in with Nate- zero of that terrified me as much as facing my Dad, and telling him, he won't get to give me the dream wedding.

I sat up, god telling Dad was going to be difficult. The lecture he was going to give me. I had one angle I was thinking of using, to get off the lecture- but I knew it was a long shot.

Nate's hand ran down my back, and causing my panicked mind to go to his touch.

"I can come."

I froze. What did he just say? I slowly turned around to look at him. "What did you just say?"

"I can come." Nate repeated his words to me.

Did he have a death wish? "Are you wanting to get killed today?" I was blunt. "Cause Dad isn't going to take the news of me being married very well. Like on his scale one to a disaster, this would be a disaster in his eyes."

His eyes were locked with mine. "And why would I let you face that one your own?"

I opened my mouth- was he serious? I could think of lots of reasons why he would let me face this on my own. "You don't owe my anything." I was quick to point that out. "And I don't expect you to face down my Dad."

He took his hand off my back, and I thought that was a clear sign, he realized he didn't have to put on a show.

Then his hand cupped my face, and his eyes were glued to me. "You're beautiful you know Scarlett, and I'm not just talking about just how you look." He sat up, coming closer to me. "I'll be right beside you when you tell your father. From here on out, we face things together." He dipped his head, our faces so close, "Anyway I can handle myself, I am trained remember." A smile spread across his face and then he pulled back, leaving me alone in the bed.

For a second there I thought he was going to kiss me. I had totally read that wrong. I ran a hand through my hair, ok. I had to face Dad and now I wasn't really sure if Nate facing Dad with me was a good idea.