Past Life

London POV:

I'm running. Running as fast as my legs will allow me. I don't look back. I will never look back. I have finally gotten away. My old life is behind me, never to be thought of again.

I did it. I finally did it. I escaped that hell hole I was forced to call home for 6 years.

I look down at my bare feet slapping the wet pavement. I'm cold and hungry and I feel like I could pass out at any moment, but that doesn't stop me from running. I have to keep running, or his guys will find me, or worse... he will find me. I can't let that happen or he will surely kill me.

I am fueled off of pure adrenaline.

Just as I start to see the city come into view, I hear someone scream for me to stop, and I panick. I feel my heart beating out of my chest and I try to will my feet to go faster, but they won't. The whole world seems to slow down. As much as I try, nothing on my body seems to want to communicate with my brain. I am mentally screaming at myself to push through and keep going. I keep telling myself that this is my last chance. If I am caught, it's over. As soon as I feel like I am going somewhat faster, everything starts to go blurry, and I feel myself falling towards the dark asphalt beneath my feet. I see a dark figure running towards me. I then feel myself being lifted off of the ground. I inaudibly mumble the words 'Help Me' and then everything goes black.