Chapter 5

London POV

I woke up to a strong pair of arms wrapped around me. Chresanto. I tried to remove his arms without waking him, but I failed. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled at me. "Good morning" He said in his morning voice. Oh my god it was so sexy.

"Hey" I said.

"You know what? Lets go to the mall. You need to loosen up a little, and I will buy you some new clothes" He said looking down at my tattered clothes.

"Umm I don't think that's a good idea" I said with uncertainty present in my voice.

"And why not?" He looked at me confused

"Because. What if he-" I stopped mid-sentence and looked away

"What if he what?" Chresanto pressed.

"Nevermind. It's nothing." I was looking anywhere but at him

"Lo, you can tell me anything. I won't judge you at all. I promise."

"Lo?"

"Oh.. sorry. I kind of made up a little nickname for you." He said, blushing. "You don't mind if I call you that, do you?

"Actually, no. I kind of like it. I've never had a nickname before."

"You've never had a lot of things."

"That's true... hey can I call you Chres then?"

"Yeah. I'd actually prefer you to call me that" he said with a smile. "So... do you still not want to go to the mall?

"Umm... I'll go, I guess. How bad could it be?" I said with a shrug. Although I didn't show it, I was really excited to be finally going to the mall. I haven't been to the mall since I was 11. This should be interesting. I don't even know what size I wear now. But, I guess I will find out when we get there.

Before we left, Chres forced me to eat something. When I was done, he grabbed his keys, told his mom and sister goodbye, and we left. Oh yeah, Chres has a sister named Maliyah, and she's 5. She's really cute, but I don't think she likes me that much. But anyways, on the way to the mall, we sat in silence for most of the time. I caught him looking over at me a couple times, but I didn't say anything about it. Usually, I hate when people look at me, but I kind of like it when he does it. I gives me this sense of security. It's like he's looking over to make sure I'm alright. It makes me feel like he cares.

"Is there a certain station you want to listen to?" he asks, breaking the silence.

"Oh, I don't care."

"Ok." he changed the station to 96.5

A song that I have never heard before came on. It had a pretty good beat to it, and I found myself tapping my foot to the beat.

"Oh, you like this song?" Chres raises his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah, I do." I said, smiling and bobbing my head to the beat a little. "What is this song called?"

"Fancy" he said while still looking at the road. 'Well, at least I know he is a responsible driver' I say to myself. I really like this song. I start jamming to the song a little more.

Chres started laughing, then his smile dropped and he looked like he wanted to say something, but was too nervous to say it.

I look at him. "What's wrong?"

He looked at me like he just realized that I was in the car with him. "Oh... It- it's nothing." He paused like he was having serious internal conflict. He finally spoke. "Well, actually I was wondering if maybe... we could... ya know... hangout." He looks so embarrassed. The face that he makes when he is embarrassed is the cutest thing ever.