Chapter 8

I can't believe I'm about to tell him about this. About my whole stuation. Why I'm here in the first place, and what I was running from that night he first saw me. I'm finally going to tell him about Rayan. I've wanted to tell him that first week I was here, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn't trust him enough. But now, after spending 2 months with him, I realize that he is the one person in my life right now who really matters to me. I don't know why I didn't trust him from the beginning. I guess I was just scared of being turned down by someone I thought cared about me.

"You sure you want to know?" I ask

"Yes. Just tell me already, London." He responds.

"Okay." I take a long pause and I can tell it's driving Chres insane. "One day my parents, my brother Jacob, and I were taking a drive when this big black van sped in front of us, causing us to stop. Three guys, dressed in all black, jumped out the and ran over to our car. He pulled my dad out of the car and they wrestled a little. The one guy shot him multiple times in the chest before shooting him one last time in the head. I was only 10 at the time, so I wasn't completely aware of what was happening. All I knew was that those guys just killed my Dad." I pause and take a deep breath while a tear escapes and rolls down my cheek.

"It's okay Lo. It's okay." He uses his thumb to wipe the tears coming from my eyes. "You don't have to finish if you don't want to."

"No. I have to get this off of my chest. It's been bottled up too long, and I feel like I could just explode right now. So please... let me finish." I look at him.

"Okay. Go on."

"Okay. After they shot my dad, my heart dropped. My Dad and I were so close, so losing him, was just the most incredible pain I could have ever experienced in my life. I sat there in stunned silence as I watched the bright red liquid pour from his wounds. I saw my Mom on the ground with a deep cut on her leg from one of the guys. I thought she was going to bleed to death. I remember I started to softly cry and Jacob pulled me to his chest and I just cried my eyes out. Next thing I remember is feeling myself being pulled out of his warm embrace by large hands. I truned my head and saw one of the guys in black yanking me from the car. He got me out of Jacob's grasp, but Jacob tried running after him. The guy ended up shooting him in the leg. I screamed and screamed and screamed until I thought I couldn't scream any longer. I screamed for my Mom or Jacob to come save me, but it was already too late. They had thrown me into the black van and sped off. Through the window, I could see both my Mom and Jacob crying. I remember thinking that I was going to die that day."

I look over at Chres to see his facial expression. His comical personality is gone. His entire body language has changed. And I'm not sure if I'm right, but I'm pretty sure I see tears forming in his eyes. He pulls me to his chest and I cry some more on his shirt. It feels slightly embarrassing letting all my emotions out in front of him, but I still feel like he is the only one I could truly open up with this kind of information.

"Oh my god London. I'm so sorry all this happened to you."

"Thats not even the worst part of the story. Chres." I say

"Continue."

"After they put me in the trunk of the van, I felt like I was in there forever. I cried most of the time, until on of the guys told me to shut up or else they would kill me. When we finally stopped, I looked out the window and saw a huge mansion-looking house. They yanked me out the car and pushed me inside. We walked through a whole bunch of hallways untill we finally reached Rayan's main office. The guys pushed me in, closed the door, and left."

"Wait... who's Rayan?"

"He's the leader of that sex slave business."

Chres damn near chokes on his spit when I say that. "Sex slave?"

I nod.

"So... you mean, you like... had sex with a bunch of men?!"

I nod again.

"Oh my god. You were serious when you said it was bad."

"Yeah. I know. You probably don't ever want to talk to me again now that you know what I used to be." I hang my head down.

"What?"

"This is why I was afraid to tell you. I was afraid..."

"Afraid of what, Lo?"

"Losing you... I thought you would be disgusted with me"

"London. Why would I be disgusted with you? None of it was ever your fault." He pulls me to his chest as I start to silently cry. "You're never going to lose me. I'm always here. And I'll always be here to protect you."

I can't help but smile at his sweet words.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter. I haven't had a lot of time to update since my summer schedule is so busy. Hope you liked it though