Chapter 4

The boy had been staring at the window for a long time.

"We are going home today. I got Dr. Ramirez to clear you out."

Eirian was startled when he saw the stranger. No, he was no longer a stranger. He now had a name,  Albert.

The boy was changed into a dark blue yukata by the taller man. His face was wiped and his hair was combed.

A knock came by the door an hour later.

"Come in," Albert said.

An orderly came into the room with a wheel chair. "Are you ready Sir?"

"Yes."

The boy was lifted effortlessly from the bed by the tall man's thick arms.

Albert frowned at the weight on his arms. It was too light for his liking. He would have to make sure that his boy eats more to get him back to his normal weight.

The orderly helped in ensuring that the boy's feet were properly placed on the foot plate.

They passed by the nurse station and took the boy's prescriptions and other instructions. Then they went down to the lobby.

Then they arrived at the exit a black car was waiting for them.

The grey eyed man ignored the people that were looking at the car with awe. Albert lifted the boy, careful not to jostle his leg too much and deposited him slowly at the backseat of the car. He secured him with a seatbelt before sitting down himself.

"Are you comfortable?" The older man asked.

The boy just nodded.

The ride was quiet. Both occupants at the back looked at the window outside. Each left to their own thoughts.

An hour later the car finally slowed down in front of a large black gate. After they were cleared by the guards the ride continued for another five minutes. They passed by trees and neatly trimmed grass. The mansion seemed to grow bigger as they approached. The roof was covered with chocolate brown tiles and the walls were painted white.

They stopped precisely in front of a large oak wood door where a man stood by waiting for them.

He was a middle aged man who wore a black coat over a grey vest. A black bow tie completed the look. He wore black trousers that was paired with black leather shoes. A pair of white gloves covered his hands.

"Welcome home Master Edric, Master Lopez." The butler with salt and pepper hair greeted them.

Eirian looked at the man beside him. He almost forgot his fiancé's name.

ALbert lifted they boy and placed him gently on a newly bought wheelchair. It was custom made to ensure comfort. It took at least a month to build but with his money he got it for three days.

He also ordered minor changes to be made inside the house to accommodate the boy's special condition. A ramp was installed on the doorstep. An elevator was being installed and would be done in a few weeks' time. The bathrooms already had a lot of free space so they just installed rails around the toilet, the bath, and around the shower. They also placed a low wash basin that was customized to the boy's height.

The taller man knelt down in front of the boy and cupped his cheek with his large hand before taking both of the boy's cold hands on his own.

"You may have forgotten everything and it's alright. I don't care." The grey eyed man looked straight at the boy's eyes.

"We are going to build new memories. Happy memories." The older man smiled. "Please smile for me my love."

Eirian look down at their hands. Then lifted his gaze towards the expectant man. He felt strange.

"I'll try," he spoke softly.

The older man smiled.

The door opened and they entered.

Two rows of uniformed people greeted them. Four maids wore a black uniform while the rest of the men wore dark suits.

"Welcome back Master Lopez." They all spoke at the same time.

The boy was visibly startled so Albert placed a comforting hand on his shoulders.

The blond man pushed the wheelchair up to the bottom of the staircase.

"I'm afraid this is as far as the wheel chair goes. I would have to carry you my little prince." The older man tried to be funny.

The boy looked up at him.

"Do you doubt these muscles of mine?" The tall man crossed his arms over his chest and raised a well-shaped eyebrow.

The boy smiled showing a pair of dimples. "Uncle, don't break your back."

Albert. "..."

"I'm not old. I'm just 28." The tall man smirked. "I'll show you," he said.

Although he looked intimidating he was very gentle. Eirian wrapped his arms around the man's neck as they ascended the staircase. The reached a hallway, made a few turns here and there before stopping in front of a large room.

"This is our bedroom."

The room was unfamiliar to Eirian. The ceiling was high and the windows were large. The room was decorated in gold. A large bed occupied the room and Albert walked towards it.

The boy was deposited gently on the center of the bed.

Eirian did not want to spend any more time sleeping. He had enough rest at the hospital but the little bit of movement actually made him tired. Also the pain killers were strong enough to make him sleepy.

The boy finally acquiesced.

The older man tucked him in with the white duvet and kissed his forehead. "Rest well my little prince," he whispered.