Chapter 6

KILL HIM AGAIN

His scream was loud enough to be heard outside the large room because a few moments later the door was slammed open.

Albert rushed to the boy's side who hid under the covers of the duvet. The boy was crying as he drew him close to his chest.

He rocked the boy as he placed tender kisses on the boy's head all the while making some cooing sounds.

Albert alternated comforting words of "It's alright baby." to "I'm here."

Peter moved past them with a gun his hand. He surveyed the room and started checking the place around. Another man came in and opened the sliding windows to went to the balcony. He also had a gun raised as he walked silently.

Eirian was petrified. He clung to the older man's clothes for dear life. Add to the fact that he had never seen a gun in real life and it didn't settle well with him.

Albert held his chin up and wiped the tears with his thumb.

Eirian only noticed that he was crying.

Albert said nothing as he continued to wiped the boy's tears. Occasionally he would kiss the boy on the forehead and temples while keeping his body close.

"Sir -"

The sudden bark made the boy jerk before becoming stiff again.

Albert noticed and he rubbed the boy's back with his large warm hands. Gradually his little prince began to relax again resting his head on his chest as I listened to his strong heart beat.

"All clear, Sir." This time it was Peter who spoke. His tone was a bit softer, just enough to be heard inside the room.

Albert dismissed them but called the other man's attention before they could exit the room.

"Nicolo, we'll talk later."

Eirian caught a glimpse of the man who inclined his head. He followed after Peter who was already outside.

When they were alone in the room various thoughts came into Eirian's mind.

What if Albert would think that he crazy?

But to his defense what he saw was real.

Wasn't it?

It was real. The masked man -

He saw him.

He was real.

Eirian felt the older man stare at him. He became lost in the other's grey eyes.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Came the dreadful question.

Eirian shook his head no. He listened to the man exhale but he said nothing. And he was glad.

Albert pulled the boy towards the center of the bed and urged him to sleep. But he himself did not until the wee hours of the morning.

For the first time in four months he thought whether the man was truly dead.

Albert had a hard look on his face.

If he wasn't then he would kill him again.