The Love For Baseball (Part 2)

I thought I would choose this song, The Climb by Miley Cyrus, because it goes along with how strong Angela and her friends are trying to be and knowing that no matter what happens, they'll always be together -brodriguez___30

I ran back out to the field. "What was that all about?" Landon asked.

I wanted to cry.

"Parker, what's wrong?" Blake stepped up.

"There's been a change in plans," I said,
"I have to move."

"What?!" Johnny screamed. The others joined in.

"No!"

"You're kidding me, right?!"

"Angel, you're lyin."

"Why? I thought Will and Mark were moving here!"

"This is not right!"

"I need a wall! I need to punch a wall!"

"You've got some explainin'."

I rolled my eyes, "apparently Mark can't move two hours away from his family and Will doesn't want to leave his friends."

Austin scoffed, "what the hell? So they think you want to leave your friends? Man, baseball won't be the same. You're the best, Parker. You're a neighborhood legend. Everyone's gonna be devastated."

Tyler looked down, "how long do you have?"

"Five days. Four starting tomorrow. Mom told me to say my goodbyes and get packin'."

"We gotta do somethin'." Landon said.

I sighed, "there's nothin we can do." I said, starting to tear up, "it's too late now. I gotta get packin."

Johnny was about to break, "hurry and pack. We gotta play as much as possible now."

I tossed a ball to them, "sign this. All of y'all." Then, I went inside and grabbed boxes.

I put my clothes in one pile, then books, drawing utensils, shoes, brushes, and all other stuff in their own pile, stuffing each one into a box. It filled at least six boxes. It had only been two hours of packing and my room already looked empty.
All that was left was my bed, my nightstand, drawers, table, and chairs. My mom walked in.

"Why is this happening? Mom, my life is here." She stroked my hair.

"I know, Sweetie. I'm honestly sorry this happened. It was late notice. Surprised you got your stuff all packed up in under three hours. The moving trucks will be here to get the beds and everything. Now, go play some ball." She smiled at me. She knew me too well.

I ran outside, no one was there. "Guys? Johnny? Michael? Landon, Jackson! Tyler! Blake? Dalton, Austin! Man, that's a lot of names, where are y'all?!"

I walked around the neighborhood.

"Parker!" One of my other friends called. He didn't play ball.

"Oh, hey Justin. Have you seen any of the guys?"

He tilted his head, pondering my question, "the eight guys you play-"

"Ball with? Yes." I answered.

"Nope. Ain't seen 'em, why?"

"Im moving in five days and I had to pack. We said we were gonna play ball when I came out, but they ain't there."

He sat down. "You're moving?! No! Where?"

"Uh..." I thought for a second and licked my lips. "Don't know. I think..." I tried to pronounce the name.

"That's two hours away from here. My cousin lives there. Benny Rodriguez. If you see 'em tell 'em I said hey."

I shrugged.
"Well, I'll be sure to tell 'em. I gotta go now. Bye, Justin."

He sighed. "See ya, Parker. Oh, and tip! Benny's the best ball player ever! Next to Babe Ruth!"

I didn't hear him, though. I was already on the field.
When I got there, the baseball was laying in the field. I picked it up. It had all their names: Johnny Walker, Landon Mathews, Michael Ryan, Tyler Abney, Blake Hinton, Austin Meyers, Jackson W. and Dalton Cullens, along with their phone numbers.

They finally appeared from the fence.

"Where in the hell have y'all been? I've been around for twenty minutes! I've only got five days. Damn. Base up!"

I threw the ball to Tyler

His eyes were wide. "I'm sorry, I'm just pissed."

Johnny patted my shoulder.
"It's a'ight." We had all the positions loaded up. Tyler, pitcher, Michael, hind-catcher, Austin, 1st base, Johnny, 2nd base, Landon, 3rd base, Jackson, short-stop, Blake, left field, and Dalton right field. Me? Batter, of coarse.

"Okay, hit this one, but not over the fence." Michael laughed.

I nodded.

Tyler pitched the ball and I swung. It went far enough. I dropped the bat and ran to first base, then to second, then to third. I tried to make it home but Landon threw the ball to Michael. Trying to run back to third, Michael threw it back to Landon.

I knew this move, of coarse. It was my favorite, I was in a pickle.

Back and forth, Landon and Michael threw the ball trying to get me out. Finally, when Michael threw the ball to Landon, Landon threw it too late and I made it home.

"We almost had ya." Michael said. I laughed.