Are You Avoiding Me?

A/N Hey guys so I thought I would try something different and make a One-Shot series for all the BenXMal shippers out there. hope you enjoy my first one, Prompts are welcome. Hope you Enjoy

It was just past Midnight, Mal was pacing around the rather large gardens behind Auradon Prep. Mal is many things - Adventurous – Smart – Persuasive – Confident – Good – Rulebreaker – And she is much more, but right now, Stressed is one of them. Mal was stressed to the point of no return or so she thought. Her shoulders slumped forwards and her purple locks swam to the front of her face as she sat upon an engraved stone bench in the middle of the school's garden. She sat in silence for many minutes worrying about Ben. She and Ben became official after the night of his Coronation. She rarely sees Ben anymore, two weeks ago they were having romantic dates by the Enchanted Lake but now they can barely exchange more than 10 words between them.

Ben had been away doing his Kingly duties, solving town problems and enforcing petitions. Mal knew that he had to do things like this but she never knew how long apart they had to be. She never had any doubts about her relationship with Ben but for some reason, while she was lying in her bed, a thought just popped into her head 'Is Ben just avoiding me rather than doing his duties?' the thought just kept running through her head and into her dreams. Mal kept telling herself that it was just her imagination and her mind playing tricks on her, but the more it repeated, the more she started to believe it.

She wanted to call Ben and ask him if it was just her mind messing with her but she couldn't bring herself to do it. Mal would try to phone him and ask but she never had the confidence and whenever she had the confidence, Ben was Asleep or busy. If it was true, then it would hurt her so much but if it was just lies then she would be hurting Ben. Mal sat on the stone bench in a thought induced gaze until she felt a hand come across her shoulder.

Mal moved her gaze up to the hand's owner, she was frozen she couldn't move, her eyes were screaming with joy but her mouth wouldn't move. "Mal, are you okay? Your kind of freaking me out over here" the owner of the hand moved closer and sat down on the bench with Mal. it took a few seconds for her to regain everything she had but eventually she spoke "Ben?" it was just above a whisper but he could still hear it. Mal bowed her head down in shame but Ben raised her chin up with two fingers and studied her eyes. "Mal are you okay? You look like you are about to cry" he pulled her close but she wriggled out of his hug, feeling that she didn't deserve it. Mal twisted from her position on the bench to meet Ben's face. Opening her mouth slowly, she began to tell him her problem.

At first, Ben's facial expression showed confusion, then hurt, disbelief and then understanding. He never intentionally tried to avoid Mal, he had a plan. He wanted to work harder and cover more plans throughout the day so he could finally have time with Mal, he spent two weeks completing all his Kingly duties that were meant to be spread over a month, just so he could spend the summer with Mal.

After them both exchanging more them ten words, Mal reverted back to her other position and sat there in silence with her head down in shame. Ben couldn't stand to see her put herself down, sure it was a stupid thing to think but it's even stupider to be angry at her insecurities. Ben wrapped his arm around her and held her close until she felt better. They stayed like this through the night until dawn broke and they had to return. Mal felt upset when she confessed but she was happy that she had Ben to herself for the whole summer.