Outburst

Ben had been extremely stressed lately, his teachers noticed, his castle staff noticed, his parents noticed, his friend noticed and Mal noticed. Ben was sitting in his dim office that was only lit by a few candles that sat upon his desk. Files and papers covered his desk and floor that surrounded him. To other royals in his position, they wouldn't struggle with this paperwork, it would only take them a couple hours to complete it all but they didn't have a dragon crash his coronation like he did, they didn't invite villain kids to stay with them like he did. Most of the paperwork consisted of publishing reports for the events of his coronation and updating the files of the Villain kids. Ben also had to hire a new tailor as the one he had as a prince had retired. Then Ben had to look over hundreds of petitions for the council and organize his parent's anniversary. On top of that, he had tons of school projects to complete that he had missed months ago.

Mal was fed up, she hadn't seen Ben for over a week, nearly two, and he wasn't coming to school or answering his phone. No one had seen him, Mal really wanted to see him but she couldn't bring herself to go to Castle Beast, even though Belle and Adam had welcomed her and her friends with welcoming arms, Mal still felt awkward going to their home. However, Mal had enough, she needed to see Ben and find out where he had been and why he had ignored her for the past two weeks. Mal waited until Curfew hit and Evie fell asleep. She unpacked her school bag and filled it with a spare change of clothes, water bottles, and a few sweet treats. She slowly zipped up her bag and opened the window that separated Evie's side of the room from Mal's side. Mal gripped the sides of the window and climbed down. Mal started walking down the long and frail path that was hidden behind the school, there were quicker ways of going to the castle but if Mal went down those paths, she knew that she would get caught by Fairy Godmother or one of the Castle Guards.

The cold wind brushed against Mal's pale skin, Mud from the path stained her shoes and the insects around became more attracted to her the further she went down the path. After a few solid minutes of walking, the trees separated and in the distance, was Castle Beast, Mal was expecting all the room lights to be off and the only light would come from passing cars. However, Mal saw two room lights on, she assumed that the light on the right was Ben's secretary and the light on the left was Ben's office. Mal walked closer to the castle and saw two guards by the door, Ivan and Walter. They were Ben's most trusted Guards and had welcomed the VK's as much as Ben did, Mal would have preferred to enter the castle unnoticed but when she saw Walter and Ivan, she didn't care, she just wanted Ben.

After Mal walked up what seemed like hundreds of steps, she finally arrived at the grand doors of the castle where Walter and Ivan bowed down to her. "Lady Mal how may we assist you at this time of night?" Walter asked as she raised himself from the bow. Mal curtsied back at their actions "I'm here to see King Ben, it's an emergency" Mal made sure to make her eyes looked panicked to make her plea seem true. "Of course, my lady" Ivan said as he pushed open the door while Walter stood to the side. Mal thanked both the guards before entering the castle. She looked the huge room until her eyes focused on the grand staircase that shimmered in the dim light from the chandelier. Every step Mal took as she went up the stairs felt her need for Ben growing. When Mal reached the top of the stairs, she was greeted by four corridors, two of them led to the royal chambers, one led to the offices and the other led to Belle's huge library that was gifted to by Adam back when he was cursed. Mal walked down the golden corridor that held Ben's office door. Mal stretched her hand out towards the silver door handle. She gently turned it until she heard a click, she pushed the door open just enough for her to slip through. When she walked inside she was greeted by a strong smell of lavender incense burning on Ben's Secretary's desk. "Hello Mal, how are you?" She asked as she noticed Mal standing by the door. "Hello Amy, is King Ben still here?" Mal asked as she curtsied to Ben's Secretary, Amy. "Unfortunately, yes, he's going to make himself sick with all the work he is doing." She said as she looked back down at her reports. "why don't you go home Amy, take the rest of the night off, you look exhausted" Mal suggested as she switched her gaze from Amy to the clock above her. "Thank .... You," Amy said between her huge yawn, and with that, she bolted out of the office and headed home to the warm sanctuary of her bed.

Mal turned her body so now she was face to face with the door to Ben's office. It took a moment for Mal's eyes to adjust to the dimness of the room but when she, she let out a small gasp. Ben looked ready to kick the bucket, his hair was a mess and his fists were white from being balled up from anger for too long. Mal took another step inside the room and tried to close the door as quietly as possible, unfortunately, the door handle slipped from Mal's grip and hit the door frame with a huge bang.

Ben's head shot up as he growled at the intruder, Mal jumped back a little, "What do you want Mal?" Ben asked, clearly irritated that someone had disturbed him from working. "I needed to see you and see if you're okay," Mal said as she took a step closer to Ben. "Well, you've seen me now so why don't you leave?" Ben slammed his hand down on the table, the Beast side was clearly dominating him. Mal stood still, refusing to give in to Ben's Beastly side, she stepped closer. "Ben, you need to calm down, please, let me help you" Mal begged. Ben leaned into Mal, practically touching face to face, his eyes were a dark shade of red, showing that his inner Beast had overtaken him. "How could you help Mal? You're just a Villain's Kid, a Wildcard. What could you know? All you were taught on the Isle was to lie, steal and Cheat." Ben yelled in her face. Mal was a little taken back. Everyone else might have thrown the VK's past in their faces, but never Ben, he was the main reason why Mal chose to save Auradon, was he not grateful?

Mal's eyes glowed dangerously, she clenched her fists until they turned white. Ben started his red eyes into Mal's green eyes and began to growl, it was a growl that was meant to tell any predators to back off. Slowly, Mal's eyes died down, she raised her hand and gently placed her hand on Ben's cheek. The moment she did this, Ben's growling stopped before he fell and moulded into Mal's arms like putty. He rested his head on her shoulder and sniffled "I'm so sorry Mal, I'm sorry" Ben kept repeating those six words into Mal's ear, His tears soaked her shoulder and caused her shirt to stick to her skin.

Mal lifted Ben's head from her shoulder, took his cold hand in hers and led him to the sofa that was in the corner of his office. She took her bag off her back and placed it down behind the sofa. Mal sat on the right side of the chair and pulled her legs up to her side, Ben sat down next to her and rested his head on her legs. There didn't need to be any more words spoken between the two, Ben knew he messed up and Mal knew that he was stressed and that he didn't mean any of the words that he said. "Shh Ben, just close your eyes," Mal said while brushing his hair with her fingers and placing kisses on his temple. They sat like that until Mal felt Ben relax and fall into a deep sleep. Slowly she shifted Ben's weight off her legs and moved his head down onto a cushion.

Mal looked around the room in disgust, papers everywhere. Mal looked down at her feet, which were covered in petition papers, and began to pick up the papers one by one. Once Mal finished on the floor, she then tackled the desk. She ordered all the papers and placed them in their correct files. She blew out the candles and placed a final kiss on Ben's forehead before taking a seat on the floor below him. She curled up and closed her eyes before falling into a peaceful sleep while watching over Ben.