I Thought I Lost You

It's currently three in the morning in Auradon right now. Mal was sleeping in her dorm room with Evie. Jay and Carlos can for a sleepover that night after they deemed themselves too tired after playing video games to walk back to their dorm. Everything was silent until a small whimper erupted from Mal. On the outside, Mal looked like she was about to cry, her cheeks were flushed and her body was shaking. On the inside of Mal's mind, she was begging. She was begging the Council not to take Ben away from her. The Council deemed that Ben should marry a proper princess rather than a villain. Mal was Begging but no one would listen to her, her cries began more desperate. No one seemed to be listening until one voice pulled her away from her troubling dream.

"Mal?"

"Mal!"

"MAL!"

Mal was beginning to be pulled out of her nightmare by the familiar voices but she didn't want to leave, she couldn't risk Ben. Her dream was becoming faded "NO PLEASE" Mal yelled. She jumped out of Bed and began to shake in fear. The three voices from before were her friends. "Mal, talk to us" Jay demanded in the nicest way possible. Mal backed up towards the Wall by her bed and pulled her knees up to her chest. "Mal are you okay? Please, Mal" Evie begged but Mal still did nothing but struggle to breathe. Her breaths became shallow, short and fast-paced. Evie and Jay started to rub Mal's back to stop her upcoming panic attack. Carlos grabbed his shoes off the floor and ran out the door without a second look. He ran across the school grounds and into the boy's dorm block of the school. He ran up four flights of stairs to Ben's private dorm that was reserved for just him. He pounded on the door yelling Ben's name. Ben swung the door open only to be confronted by a panicked Carlos "Ben.... Mal.....Nightmare.....Panic attack...Needs.....You" Carlos said between each deep breath. Ben was no longer half asleep after hearing Carlos' last two words. To Carlos' dismay, they both bolted down four flights of stairs and across the grounds to Mal's dorm. Both boy's burst through the door to see Evie and Jay now on the floor with Mal between them with her knees drawn to her chest and her breathing fast paced. You could tell that her lungs were aching for oxygen but her body wasn't allowing her to breathe. Ben crouched down in front of Mal and wrapped his arms around her. "Mal I need you to do me a favour okay? Copy my breathing, in through the nose and out through the mouth" Ben made sure that Mal copied him. Mal's breathing slowed down but it was still irregular. "Mal do you want to tell about your nightmare? It helps to talk things through" Ben said, trying to convince her to talk. "The Council tried to get you to marry Audrey, I lost you" Mal broke down in front of all her friends and Ben. Ben hugged her harder while the other VK's huddled around Ben and Mal. They slowly pulled away from each other, Ben picked Mal up very gently in bridal style and carried her back to bed, as he lowered her to the bed her grip on his arms and shirt tightened. Ben knew that she wouldn't go down without a fight so he turned around and slid onto her bed and placed Mal on his lap.

Mal rested her head in the crook of Ben's neck, her hands stayed firm on his shirt, she refused to let go. Ben held her in his arms tightly and refused to let, he held onto her as if his life depended on it. Evie, Jay, and Carlos sat on Evie's bed and watched as Ben comforted Mal. The VK's watched as her sobbing subsided "We got lucky this time" Carlos whispered. Ben Shot him a strange look, he noticed that Jay and Evie were also agreeing with Carlos which made him more confused. Evie saw Ben's look on his face and wanted to elaborate "She has nightmares quite often, usually it's when you're on business trips. Usually, she thrashes out and kicks and punches us while we try to calm her down." Ben seemed less relaxed than he was before, how could he not know about this. Jay and Carlos picked the blankets up off the floor and moved towards the nearest blank wall, that's where they spent the rest of the night, sleeping against a wall. They would have gone back to the floor but they wanted to be able to jump up quick in case their sister needed anything. Evie went back to bed but made sure that she slept with one eye open in case Mal needed anything. Ben leaned against the wall that Mal's bed was backed up against and held Mal for dear life. That's how everyone fell asleep, in a protective state.