Our Story

Ben's POV

Mal and I aren't exactly a couple yet, it hasn't really been a topic of discussion since my coronation. 

Mal knocked on my dorm door this morning and asked if I was busy. I was, I need to file a bunch of paperwork, but I could never deny time with Mal so I told her I was free. I don't regret saying that at all because when I said that I was free, a huge smile grew on her face. Next thing I know, I am being dragged out of my dorm and into a forest. Mal has decided that she wanted to take me out to somewhere adventurous. Mal seemed happy so I'm not worried but something told me that I wouldn't enjoy this as much as she would. "BEN, come on, I wanna get there quickly" Mal pestered Me, seeing her happy made me happy. We walked for another twenty minutes before we came to a clearing. It was beautiful, it was a long river that glistened in the sun, by the river bank there was a small bench with a picnic basket placed in the centre of it. Mal had set this up for us. Mal released her grip and turned to me "Would you my dear king, like a picnic with a very happy Villain's kid?" Mal asked with a grin as big as her Confidence in my answer. "Of Course, my lady" I spoke in a posh English accent. Mal pushed me back a bit and yelled TAG YOU'RE IT so naturally, I played along and chased after her over to the bench, 'unfortunately' she was too slow which was evident when I grabbed her by the waist and swung her around in circles while she giggled like a three-year-old. Once I let her go, we both sat down on the bench and dug into the picnic.

Mal packed herself a strawberry Milkshake with a huge punnet of strawberries with a few mini jam doughnuts. She had packed me some of Mrs Potts famous BBQ Ribs with extra sauce, mini Jam doughnuts, and a Chocolate Milkshake. On our picnics, we never do anything fancy, it's always what we know we want to eat and not a selection, that's what I like. While eating our food, Mal and I talked about everything and anything but I wasn't listening for most of it as I was more focused on the way her hair glowed in the sun and how the shade from the sun accentuated some of Mal's features. Mal would always be beautiful in My eyes. When we finished our picnic, we noticed a runner running along the river bank and was coming close to us. I pointed him out to Mal and made it clear that I didn't want out time to be ruined by a civilian taking pictures and asking questions. I pretty much wanted to hide behind Mal and wanted to stay there until the runner had passed but she had a different idea. Before I could hide, Mal came close to me and pulled me, by my shirt collar, into a long and enchanted kiss. We separated after the runner had jogged off but I could still taste the strawberries on her lips from earlier. She left me Completely blown away and all I could do was stare in awe. "Some people don't enjoy PDA, but from where I am sitting I can see that you enjoyed it," Mal said flirtatiously.

That is how our story started.

A/N I know that this chapter is short but I wanted to use it to make up for the last chapter I posted in case someone didn't want to read it for obvious reasons.