30- Just a Boring Sunday

Should I do a chapter in Garrett's POV as a bonus? Any opinions on what chapter/scene I should do?

Also thanks to the new fans I have on this story and in general, you guys are awesome!

Chapter Thirty:

Just a Boring Sunday:

Sunday morning, I was incredibly bored. I sat in my bed just staring up at the ceiling for a while, which was rare for me.

I wanted to do something, but I didn’t want to anything alone and I wasn’t sure who I could call.

Normally in these situations I would call Quinn or Garrett. But, I wasn’t calling Garrett for obvious reasons, and I hadn’t really hung out with Quinn properly since Garrett and I broke up. Things at school are a little awkward between Quinn and I because Garrett and I hadn’t work out. I don’t really know why things were so weird and I don’t know if it will go away either.

Really, my only other option was Dustin. But I didn’t have his number or anything. And we only started hanging out because of the whole thing Tuesday, so it would be weird too.

After concluding that I was pretty much doomed to have a boring Sunday, I sighed and rolled out of bed.

I changed out of my pyjamas, with some difficulty because of my cast and then headed downstairs.

“Good morning,” Dad said once I finally got to the kitchen.

“Morning,” I mumbled as I crutched past him to the cookie jar.

“You’re up later than usual,” Mom pointed out.

“I don’t have anything to do today,” I said with a shrug. “I didn’t see the point of getting up, I was so comfy.”

“Oh, well I can't help you with the whole bored thing,” Mom said with a slight smile.

“Yeah,” I said absentmindedly. I finished loading a plate with cookies and then made to go out to the living room.

“Cookies, for breakfast?” Dad asked when he saw my plate.

“Yeah, I don’t feel like making anything,” I said with a shrug. Even making like cereal seemed like too much unnecessary work right now. The more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of just sitting up in my room and doing nothing.

“I thought you were bored?” Mom asked.

“I am.”

“Then why don’t you make something, it would keep you entertained,” Dad said with amusement.

“Nah, I’m good with cookies.”

Mom shrugged and Dad just shook his head amusedly.

“Where’s Alice?” I asked.

“At Maddy’s,” Dad answered.

“Oh.” My little sister and Maddy had been my only other option for entertainment today. Guess I really was just doing nothing today.

“I’m going back upstairs,” I informed my parents.

“Back to bed?” Dad asked.

“No, I already changed,” I pointed out. “I’m going to take my laptop up and sort through some new photos,” I said.

“Okay, just call if you need anything,” Mom said.

I nodded and went out into the living room to gather up my laptop and camera. I slipped the camera into my pocket, and balanced my plate of cookies on my closed laptop. Then I managed to hold that in one hand as I made my way of the stairs.