17

Moan...Growl..Bang! Huh? I uncover my self and stand up making sure not to make any noise. I grab my knife from the side table and quietly make my way to the doorway. I slowly open the door and see a walker banging on the window near the front door. Shoot! I hurry and pack my things back my bag before I open the nearest window. If there is one walker there must be more close by. I jump out of the window and take off through the woods.

I run for a few minutes jumping over fallen logs. I almost fall a few times, but I catch myself every time. I finally stop when I come to a road which looked like it lead to nowhere. I look both ways making sure no walkers saw me. I didn't feel like being walker food today... I sigh and start my journey down the road. As I walk I notice that the sky was dark, which meant a storm. But I couldn't stop because of a storm, I had to find my group. 

I just walking as I feel raindrops start to fall all around me, soaking my clothes and me. Thunder boomed and lightning lit the sky. I smile at the sound. Thunder calmed my nerves when I lived with my mother and Philip. I was so into the storm that I didn't notice the walker creeping up behind me. I felt a hand grab my shoulder and then a pair of teeth dug into my skin. I screamed from the pain and killed the walker. 

I looked at the dead walker that lay on the pavement. Then the pain hit again. Waves of pain from the bite went through my body and I fell to my knees, groaning. I gasp as another wave passed through. Damn this hurts like shit! I get back on my feet and look at my shoulder. My skin was bloody and started to become a little blackish. I begin to cry. Why did I have to go out like this and I haven't even found my family? Please god, let me find them...

I wrap my shoulder, making sure that I could support my bag on it without it hurting as much. I grit my teeth and continue walking. I walk for a way, but my vision started to get blurry. My shoulder got worse and the pain increased. I gasped and fell to the ground. I was about to pass out but before I did I saw a man fighting off walkers with a stick?