Part 1 (Beginnings)

I've been stuck in the underground for 2 years now, honestly it's not that bad, it's certainly better than the life I had on the Surface. I live in Waterfall with Undyne, my girlfriend, it was a complicated relationship with her but we stuck through either way.

Since my time here I had changed a lot, my physical appearance for one had a drastic change. The King insisted that I dye my hair a dark brown colour, he said if I want to start a new life it starts with my appearance, why brown I had no idea. Also from all the running up and down and acrobats from trying to catch rogue monsters my body had taken on a nice tone and lean form; I grew my hair out so now it hung by my knees but I just kept it tied up in a ponytail.

Right now, I was perched up in a tree in Snowdin, I was waiting for a certain Loox to pass by, it had recently set fire to a field and the King wanted to have a chat to him. While I waited, I put my hand out in front of me and summoned some magic to entertain me, in my spare time I had taught myself magic and so I had gone from Human to Enchantress.

A twig snapped in the distance so I chased my magic away and froze, listening carefully. I heard the snow crunch under heavy footsteps and then a figure came into view, well a bundled-up figure. The person was dressed in long and baggy, black pants, umm pink fuzzy slippers and a large blue jacket, I could only guess it was a male but I couldn't really assume.

The person was mumbling in a low baritone voice, definitely male. He sounded... upset, I crept down the tree to hear the male, as I got within earshot he leant against my tree,

"Damn that, no body... nobody ever bothers... I smile every damn day, joke, annoy and make days yet no body can even bother to ask..."

He sighed, there was a squeal and soft, running footsteps, the Loox! The males head shifted as he looked in the direction of the Loox,

"Who you runnin' from lil guy?"

The Loox skidded to a stop in front of the male, the male's low baritone held a hint of an old New York accent, like the gangsters had,

"Enchantress... she wants to take me into see the King but I swears it was an accident,"

"I told you to keep an EYE out for mischief,"

The male chuckled with laughter and I couldn't help but smile at his bad joke,

"Oh come on Sans, help me out,"

Sans sighed,

"What do you need me to do?"

The Loox breathed out in relief,

"The Enchantress, when you see her just tell her you haven't seen me, please,"

Sans shrugged,

"Seems easy enough, hey listen before you go, I wanted to ask you a question,"

"Okay but hurry,"

"In school did everyone like you?"

The Loox frowned,

"Umm I'm not so sure what you mean,"

"Because you seemed like the star PUPIL,"

Sans howled with laughter and the Loox moaned in frustration,

"Your puns get worse and worse,"

"I know, they're getting CORNEA,"

I stifled the urge to laugh, I had a horrible sense of humor and this guy was just killing it, the Loox ran off and I jumped off the tree, I didn't turn around to see 'Sans' reaction because I ran after the squealing Loox,

"Stop Loox, I'm not going to hurt you and neither is the King, he just wants to know what happened, please."

The Loox stopped and I stopped in turn, it turned around to face me,

"H- he won't hurt me?"

I nodded with a smile,

"Swears he won't and I'll go with,"

I made an X over my heart with a smile,

"I swear Loox, just take my hand and we can go,"

I put my hand out and he took it warily and we were transported to the King's flower garden, he was watering his overgrown garden again, it smelled wonderful in here at least.

"I'll be with you now y/n,"

The Loox shivered in fear beside me, I knelt down next to him with a smile, he just stared at the King.

"There all done, now we can talk,"

The King turned around with a kind smile and the Loox calmed down instantly,

"Don't be scared fellow monster, I just want to know what happened in the field? Why and how did you set it alight?"

I patted the monsters back,

"Doggo came to visit me in the Ruins and we were playing around when we came across a strange artifact, it looked like tiny sticks concealed in a small box, so we played with them and accidently set the field alight with fire, we tried so desperately to put it out but the fire got worse and worse until it was put out,"

I smiled,

"Yes I put it out, you were lucky I was taking a stroll through the Ruins, do you by any chance still have the artifact, I may know what they are."

The Loox nodded and pulled the box from one of his hidden pockets, I took it with a smile and examined it, I popped it open and I smiled,

"Sir these are matches, from the Surface. We strike the maroon end of the stick against this rough part of the box and it creates a small fire intended to light something and create a bigger fire. Loox and Doggo did not know what this was clearly,"

The King put out his large hand and I placed the box in the middle of it, it looked tiny in his hand, he examined it with curiosity,

"Matches you say, interesting,"

The King looked up with a smile,

"I thank you Loox for your honesty, now I have one more question before I let you go. Did you find this near the Golden Flower field?"

The Loox nodded, well his whole body moved because he didn't really have a neck but it was a movement that indicated he was nodded,

"Yes Sir, we did,"

The King smiled once more,

"Alright Loox you may go home,"

The Loox bowed before he was flashed away, the King lost his smile and looked at me with worrying eyes,

"Objects from the Surface, located by the Golden Flower Field... is there possibly another mischievous Human here without our knowing?"

I shook my head,

"No Sir and if there were they would've been located in either the Ruins or Snowdin, if you would like I could talk to your wife?"

The Kings eyes glossed over slightly,

"Yes that sounds like a good idea and if she hasn't seen anything I give you permission to go to the Surface and find out why this is here, effective immediately,"

I bowed before flashing myself to Toriels house, the kind woman looked up from her book,

"Y/N my dear, what brings you here?"

I stood by the fire to warm up and smiled,

"Hey Toriel, I know this is abrupt but have any mischievous looking humans passed by?"

Toriel shook her head,

"Not that I know of dear, you know if there was one I will notify you,"

I smiled, she was telling the truth, as always,

"I know it's just we had an incident recently that possibly involves Humans. I'm going up to the surface tomorrow to check it out."

Toriel put her book down with a sigh.