09. YEAH, I KNOW

24 missed calls from hubs 💕

38 missed calls from Nora Bean

13 missed calls from Kat 😻

15 missed calls from Em 💍

•••••

chatting with: hubs 💕

hubs 💕:
Annabelle, please. I love you so much and I'm so sorry. Please text me back. We need to talk.
read; 1:42pm

hubs 💕:
Look, I know I fucked up. Obviously I did and I'm so sorry. Please just talk to me. Please.
read; 1:50pm

hubs 💕:
Belles, I love you so much. Please let's just talk this through.
read; 1:58pm

•••••

Nora Bean:
Annabelle, I can't even begin to tell you how fucking sorry I am. I know you probably don't want to hear it right now and obviously you have every right to be angry with me but I just want you to know I'm so sorry and I love you and I feel like such a piece of shit. Matt understandably won't answer my calls or texts either so please just tell him I love him and I'm so sorry.
read; 2:15pm

Nora Bean:
I love you both so much. I can't fucking believe this happened.
read; 2:26pm

•••••

"They're sorry, Matthew," Annabelle muttered under her breath, looking up at Matt from her place leaning heavily on his shoulder on his couch.

"So I've heard," he responded, looking down at her briefly before returning his attention to his phone.

"I seriously don't even know what to do," she told him, and he nodded.

"Me neither. I can't... I don't think I'm actually processing it," he said, shrugging. "I don't even know how we move on from here. To be completely honest with you, I was so hesitant for so long about Nora and me. She's younger and never really had a serious relationship and I was wary, but she wore me down, y'know? She's so great and she's been so wonderful with you and all the shit you've been through and everything that's happened, she's just been so... good. I love her, and as soon as I fucking let myself acknowledge that fact, this happens," he ranted, and Annabelle looked up at him with wide eyes.

"You love her?" she asked, and he shrugged again.

"I thought I did, but now... I don't really know what's going to happen," he replied, shaking his head. She closed her eyes hard, blinking back tears as her phone rang with another call from Dom.

Matt shot her a look and she sighed heavily before climbing off of the couch and pacing out to the kitchen.

•••••

incoming call: hubs 💕

"come on dominic, i think it's pretty fair that i don't want to talk to you right now."

"It is fair, Belles. But I just needed to tell you how much I love you."

"yeah, i know."

"Annabelle, I'm so sorry."

"yeah, i know."

"I don't even know what to say."

"you could cut the bullshit and admit that you remember making out with my sister last night."

"I don't remember, Annabelle. I'm not bullshitting you. I remember getting drunk and the last thing I remember before this morning is tucking you in on the couch."

"even if that's true, dom, i'm not really ready to talk to you or nora."

"I love you, Annabelle."

"yeah, i know."