I Know The Murderer

Fyodor walked into the room with Ophelia. He was pissed off he missed out on a half dead treat.

"Why?! Why did you stop?!"

"He wasn't worth killing. That's all."

"You're lying Ophelia! There is more to it! You stopped as soon as you inhaled his scent. Why? What is that boy to you?"

"He is nothing to me. It is what he is to someone else as to why I couldn't kill him. Because I couldn't bare to watch him suffer a second time." Ophelia admitted.

"He belongs to another vampire already. You said he was marked. Which vampire has been feeding off him?"

"Osamu."

"D-Dazai Osamu?!"

Ophelia nodded. "My son. The human born to Dazai Claude and Dazai Ophelia."

"You never told me that!"

"Because it simply wasn't your place. Don't mistake me for one of your other companions. I will snap your neck without hesitation. The boy is off limits. Do I make myself clear?"

"That's not fair! Just be-"

Fyodor didn't get to finish his sentence before Ophelia had a tight grip on his neck, squeezing violently.

"I don't believe I asked for your opinion you worthless half breed! I said he is off limits.” She squeezed harder cutting of Fyodor oxygen.

“Do. I. Make. Myself. Clear?”

“Y-Yes Madame Ophelia…”

“Good.” She dropped Fyodor back down.

“Now I have business to attend to. Clean yourself up.” Ophelia then left.

Fyodor hit his hands on the ground in anger. No way in hell was he going to pass up a good meal.

Dazai was in the office talking to his fellow coworkers.

“I know who is behind these murders. The attack on Chuuya made it all very clear to me. And the way Chuuya described who he saw made it also very clear.”

“Well who is it Dazai?” Kunikida asked.

“Fyodor. Fyodor Dostoyevsky. He is a half breed vampire.”

“What do you mean Dazai?” Atsushi asked.

“I mean he is half human and half pure blood. He can live both with the humans and the vampires because he is a half breed. Making it easy for him to feed on humans.”

"No wonder it was so easy for him." Yosano added.

"Well I think the real question is what do we do now?" Atsushi asked.

"Dazai thinks we should team up with the Port Mafia to stop the pure-blooded vampires who are killing humans." Ranpo suggested while chewing on candy.

"Exactly." Dazai smirked.

"What do you think boss?" Dazai turned asking Fukazawa.

"I don't see why a temporary cease fire would be an issue to take down a common enemy. Dazai set up a meeting immediately with the boss of the Port Mafia Ougai Mori."

"Yes, boss." Dazai bowed, and then took his leave to go speak with Kouyou, Dazai figured maybe she could be the only one to truly convince him.

Ω

Dazai stepped into a private room in the ADA building. Dazai knew Kouyou was long gone by now. Dazai looked through Chuuya's phone until he found mother. Dazai put the number into his phone, and made sure it was private so their call couldn’t be listened in on. After 3 rings Kouyou answered the phone.

"Who is this?" Kouyou asked bitterly. "And how did you get this number?"

"It's me Kouyou-nee."

"Dazai, what is it? Is something wrong with Chuuya?" She asked concerned.

"Chuuya is fine. He's resting. I called to talk to you about your boss."

"Our boss? Why?" Kouyou asked curiously.

"Because I know who attacked Chuuya. And I know who has been doing these murders."

"Really?"

"Yes. Fyodor Dostoyevsky."

"The half breed vampire?"

"Exactly. It was easy for him to kill humans because he could blend in with both."

"So, he's the one that attacked my Chuuya?"

"Yes, he is. Him and one more vampire."

Kouyou chuckled menacingly. "I will schedule a meeting with our boss and yours immediately. Tonight, if I can."

"I understand. We would deeply appreciate your cooperation."

"Oh, believe me Dazai you have it. See you soon." Kouyou said before hanging up the phone.

Ω

Chuuya was sitting up in bed reading a magazine. Having to rest like this was terribly boring. He had Bernadette to keep him company, but being the small child she was. She had quickly come to slumber. Chuuya was pulled from his thoughts when he heard the door open. Chuuya watched as Dazai walked in. Dazai looked extremely pale. More than usual. And then it hit Chuuya. Dazai hasn’t fed for days. Dazai walked over to the bed and sat beside Chuuya. He gently kissed Chuuya’s forehead.

“How are you feeling Chuuya?”

“Better. Have you eaten Dazai?”

“Yeah why do you ask?”

“Liar…”

“Ch-“

“Don’t. You’re pale Dazai. And you need to eat.”

Dazai closed his mouth. As he couldn’t retort to that even though as much as he wanted to. Chuuya scooted closer to Dazai and he pulled down his shirt exposing his neck and collar bone more.

“Eat.”

“But Chuuya you’re not-“

“Eat. Now. I am not asking. I am telling you.”

Dazai didn’t argue further as he knew he wasn’t going to win with Chuuya’s protesting. Dazai inhaled Chuuya’s scent. Dazai then licked the spot between Chuuya’s shoulder and neck. Dazai bit into Chuuya’s skin. Chuuya groaned as Dazai sucked his blood hungrily. Dazai slurped until he was satisfied. Dazai licked the teeth marks he left on Chuuya and sighed contently.

“Better?” Chuuya asked.

Dazai nodded at now feeling full.

“Thank you..”

“No problem Dazai.” Chuuya smiles. “Have you found anything relating to your case?”

“I know who attacked you. Kouyou-nee right now is trying to set up a meeting with your boss.”

“Our boss?”

Dazai nodded. “We figured it would be best for the ADA and Port Mafia to work together.”

“I don’t think it’s a bad idea. When is the meeting?”

“Tomorrow morning. Tomorrow morning we will plan to end this case once and for all.”