Don't Put Your Life On The Line

"No." Dazai said angrily as he held on to Chuuya's wrist and out him behind him. "No way in hell am I letting you do that. You will not use him as bait!"

"Dazai, believe me I understand I don't want to use Chuuya as bait either" Kouyou said

"But it's the only way, and you know as much as I do Dostoyevksy will come after him again because he was able to get away." 

Mori went closer to Dazai, and Dazai's eyes flashed bright red and he growled.

"I won't push Dazai. Do think about it though. You can't keep him protected forever." He said as he turned his back and walked out.

Kouyou sighed. "That went nastier than I expected." Kouyou walked over to Dazai and Chuuya, and she kissed the top of Chuuya's forehead. "I love you. It's best if right now you stay with Dazai. I will watch over Bernadette, you know she will be safe with me."

Chuuya nodded. "Alright. I think you're right, that is best."

Kouyou nodded back at Chuuya. Kouyou pulled away from her son, and she put a hand softly on Dazai's shoulder. "Dazai, I am not saying Mori is right, but he is not wrong either lad. Do consider his suggestion." She said as he final words before walking out of the Armed Detective Agency office.

*
Dazai was silent as him and Chuuya entered his apartment. Chuuya put his coat up on the coat hanger, and he kicked his shoes off at the front door. Chuuya looked as Dazai made his way to the kitchen, and he heard the clinking of bottles and two glasses. Dazai soon shuffled back into the living room sitting down on the couch.

"I know whiskey isn't your thing. But it's the best I've got right now."

Chuuya shook his head. "It's fine. Whiskey is alright with me." Chuuya said sitting down and taking the glass Dazai poured for him. Chuuya watched as Dazai gulped his whiskey down greedily,  and Dazai sat the glass on the desk pouring some more.

"Dazai..."

"Please don't do it Chuuya... the thought of almost losing you a second time is killing me."

Chuuya's eyes widened at Dazai's confession and he sat his glass down pulling Dazai into his arms tightly. Chuuya ran his fingers through Dazai's hair and he kissed his forehead gently.

"You won't lose me Dazai... You know why?

Dazai shook his head.

"Because I have you to protect me. And I also have the Port Mafia to protect me." Chuuya smiled. "And I know you guys won't let anything happen to me."

Dazai suddenly rolled over trapping Chuuya under him and Dazai pulled a gun from the couch cushion and pointed it at the brunette woman. Dazai's eyes turned cold.

"Who are you?" Dazai asked

Ophelia raised her arms in surrender. "I mean no harm, Osamu..."

Dazais eyes widened in recognition. "You... T-That was your scent in the hospital room... But you can't be..."

"I escaped Osamu. And I had slept for a very long time. And when I woke up it took me a while to figure out who I truly was, I was starving, and I was desperate. And I fed off of a human and that was wrong." Ophelia said crying. "And I came across Chuuya, and as soon as I smelled you on him I stopped. But Fyodor... He... He will not stop until Chuuya is dead. He will not let him get away."

"If you're my mom... no one else knows this besides me and Chuuya. How did you save me? How did you keep me alive... what was I before?"

"You were a normal human child. I strangled you until you were very close to death, and then I bit you. I turned you into a vampire because it was the only way I could protect you."

Dazai lowered his gun and his eyes started tearing up. Chuuya rubbed his back softly and he kissed his tears away. 

"Dazai... it's okay..." Chuuya looked at him reassuringly. "It's okay." Chuuya nodded his head as he watched Dazai break down into tears. Chuuya pulled Dazai into his arms and he rubbed his head gently and shushed him as he rocked back and forth. Ophelia watched as her son cried, and she could no longer hold back as she ran over, and hugged both Chuuya and Dazai. Ophelia kissed Dazai's head, and she rubbed her hand through his brown hair. Dazai lifted his head off of Chuuya's chest, and he let go of Chuuya for a moment, and Dazai hugged his mother tightly and cried onto her shoulder. Ophelia pulled Dazai up off her shoulder and she cupped his cheeks looking into his almond colored eyes.

"I have missed you so much..." Ophelia cried. "I am so sorry for everything. I know how much you suffered. I know it was a very hard transition with you being so young. I know you starved cause you refused to feed off humans. I know it put you through a lot, and I know you were scared. And I am so sorry Osamu. I'm so sorry."

Dazai shook his head and he wiped his tears. "It wasn't your fault. I know you did what you had to, to protect me." Dazai also wiped his moms tears, and he smiled at her. "I love you mom, and I've missed you. And a lot has changed. I'm 22 now..." Dazai chuckled. "And I have a boyfriend, named Chuuya, that you've met." Ophelia laughed this time. "And he's human, and I'm in love with him. And we also have a daughter. Who is vampire like me, Bernadette. And I am sure she is going to love you, I want you to meet her." Dazai smiled.

"And I want nothing more than to meet her my love. I also would love to sit and have dinner with Chuuya, and his family. I know his mother would be more than willing to that. Seeing I have already spoken with her before." Ophelia smiled.

"Y-you have?" Chuuya asked.

Ophelia nodded. "Mmm. Your mother and me, met when we were teenagers. And we were really close friends. She was around when I was pregnant with Dazai. She was a good friend and still is. That night when I left from speaking with you, she stopped me and we spoke. And it was nostalgic. Just know... she loves you more than life itself Chuuya. She is so proud of you." Ophelia smiled.

Chuuya smiled back. "I love her too. And I also love Dazai. And I promise you, I will always take care of him."

Ophelia smiled at Chuuya. "I know you will. And he will also protect you. So don't put your life on the line Chuuya. For his sake, and Bernadette's. I have a better way to go about this. How about dinner tomorrow, 7 pm? Me, you, Osamu, Kouyou, and Bernadette?"

Chuuya smiles. "I think... that's a great idea, giri no haha."

"