Two Meetings In One

Dazai stood at the window of the hospital room as he waited on Chuuya to get dressed. 

“Today is the day.” Dazai sighed as he looked out the window taking in the morning scenery of Yokohama. 

“It is. We will win. I know it. This guy definitely doesn’t have the upper hand. Not when Dazai Osamu is making the plans.” Chuuya said as he wrapped his arms around Dazai from behind. 

Dazai chuckled and he turned around and placed a chaste kiss on Chuuya’s forehead. “Well I appreciate that my baby has so much confidence in me.” 

“Of course I do. I always will stand behind you. You’ve never given me a reason to think otherwise of trusting you.” Chuuya said as he smiled looking up at Dazai. 

Dazai kissed Chuuya again and they were interrupted when they heard a knock at the door. “Come in.” Dazai said and he watched the door open as Kunikida came in. 

“Port Mafia Boss Mori Ougai has arrived. Boss requests your presence immediately.” 

“Right.” Dazai pulled away from Chuuya and started heading for the door. “Are you coming Chuuya?” 

“I will join you guys in a second.” 

“Alright.” Dazai and Kunikida stepped out of the room and shut the door and as soon as they did, Chuuya was pulled back and he felt a hand over his mouth muffling his scream. 

◇ 

Dazai stepped in the room and he looked over at Mori smiling. 

“Hello Boss of the Port Mafia, Mori Ougai.” 

“Ah, finally a pleasure to meet the man who has stolen the heart of my top executive. Dazai Osamu isn’t it?” 

“Yes. Dazai is fine.”  

“Understood. So from my understanding what has brought about this meeting is a common enemy.” 

“Precisely. Fyodor Dostoyevsky.” 

“The murderer that has been running around the streets of Yokohama feeding on humans? And the one that attacked Chuuya?” 

“Yes. We finally know who he is now. As far as the other vampire we have no idea who is working with him. But I have an idea where his hide out might be. He left a scent on Chuuya. It’s a small lead but it is something.” 

“Well.” Mori smirked looking at Dazai. “Shall we strategize Mr.Osamu?” 

Osamu?” 

◇ 

Chuuya tried screaming and his mouth was covered, Chuuya went to go fight the intruder off but they grabbed his hand stopping him. 

“Stop. I will not harm you.” 

“Your that woman from the other night…” 

“I am sorry to have frightened you. It was not my intention. I have came to warn you.” 

“Warn me? Why would you want to do that you tried to attack me!” 

“I know. I am sorry. I have been starving. After slumbering for so long I was desperate for something to eat. But then I stopped… because of him…” 

“Him…? Dazai…?” 

“He has been feeding from you right…?” Tears spilled over as Ophelia started sobbing. “I always knew he would pick a true beauty as a companion one day. It does not surprise me he picked a human considering he once was human after all.” 

Chuuya looked at the woman in shock, and then realization hit him. The woman’s hair color. Her almond eyes, it was like looking at an exact copy of Dazai but the female version.  

“You're…” 

“I am his mother… Dazai Ophelia.” 

“But Dazai had told me that you…” 

“I know. I am suppose to be dead but instead of dying I just slept for years. When I smelled him on you… it took everything not to break down. But we shall not worry about such matters right now. Chuuya right?” 

Chuuya nodded looking at the women still in clear shock and confused. 

“Listen to me the man I was with,  he is angry I stopped him from being able to feed on you. And knowing him he will come for you. He wouldn’t pass up the opportunity.” Ophelia took off a necklace, and she put it around Chuuya’s neck and hid it under his shirt. 

“Keep that on. It will protect you Chuuya. If Osamu is ever failed in coming to you aid in time even by a second this will protect you, it will know when you are in great danger. I used this to protect Osamu once. It can and will protect you.”  

Ophelia’s eyes widened and she stood up quickly making her way to the window. 

“I must go now. Remember what I said. And please… do take care of Osamu for me.” 

“Wait…!” 

But it was too late. Ophelia had already took her leave out of the window and seconds after she did Dazai opened the door, and he rushed to Chuuya’s side. 

“Chuuya are you alright?” 

Chuuya nodded. “I’m okay. Just clumsy.” Chuuya chuckled as he stood up with Dazai’s help. Chuuya knew Ophelia probably smelled Dazai miles away. She knew he was coming. Chuuya wondered why the woman wanted to keep herself hidden from the brunette but obviously she had good reasons so Chuuya decided he wouldn’t tell Dazai. 

“Babe? Are you sure you’re okay?” 

“Yeah.” Chuuya turned his attention to Dazai and kissed his lips tenderly. “I’m okay. Let’s go meet with the others.” Dazai nodded and took a hold of Chuuya’s hand, and the began walking out towards the others. 

Chuuya figured when it was time, Ophelia would show herself to Dazai. Until then Chuuya would keep her secret.