Chapter 3

I woke up to the sweet smell of Angeal. It smelled flowery, almost but masculine. I inhaled his scent until he moved away. I wanted to continue to smell him so I got a bit closer. I felt his back with my chin. I turned and pressed my cheek against his back. The rest of my body pressed up against his. He groaned and turned over. I opened my eyes and Angeal was looking at me. Suddenly I smelt the blood and I got up quickly. 

Angeal was bleeding severely. We had our clothes on but Angeal had his shirt off. I grabbed his shirt and tried to stop the bleeding.  It managed to soak his shirt. I screamed for help as loud as I could. I heard the door break down and Sephiroth came running in. Genesis entered as well. They saw the blood spilling from Angeal's chest. I was getting my hand soaked in his blood. They grabbed him gently. "Angeal!"I screamed and slammed my fist against the bed. They had never seen me like this and it shocked them. They got Angeal to safety. "Don't leave me!" I screamed. Len entered and held me gently. I screamed and cried.

~~~~5 hours later~~~~

Len used the washcloth and washed my clothes. I lay in my undergarments. I didn't want to be alive. I didn't want to breathe. I wanted to be dead. I closed my eyes and let out a distressed sound. Len came back. "I got a call. Angeal is going to be okay, but they're going to be monitoring him." Len said. I shook my head and a sound issued from my throat. "You can't just lay here for the rest of your life Laney. You have to keep going even if he dies. He would want you to live a happy life." Len said. Len came over and held me close. He knew a broken person when he saw one.

He had felt this once before I was sure, but Gillian hadn't yet she had done something similar to this. I had lost my voice. Len saw the tears start coming once more. I made a distressed sound. He held me close and he helped me get my clothes on once more. I got up and followed him. "Come on, let's go see him okay?" Len said. I nodded, but I couldn't manage to smile. I followed him. Len guided me into the hospital room. Sephiroth and Genesis saw how bad I had gotten. Genesis came over and hugged me. I saw Angeal's abdomen was wrapped up. His blood soaking the bandage. I pulled away from Genesis and came over to Angeal. I ran a hand down the side of his face and then ran my hand down to his hand. I wrapped his hand around mine. 

He gave my hand a nice squeeze. I pulled his hand up so it touched my cheek. He flexed his hand slightly and I let go of his hand. His hand touched my cheek. He struggled to open his eyes. I bent down beside him. He opened his eyes and looked at me. He ran his hand up and down my cheek gently. "Boy, can I tell you a wonderful thing? I can't help but notice, you're staring at me. I know I shouldn't say this, but I really believe, I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me." I sang, my voice cracking horrible, and touched his hand. "The sun goes down... The stars come out and all that counts is here and now... My... M-m-m-m-my universe will... Never be the same. I'm glad you came." Angeal saw the tears emerging from my eyes. He looked like he wanted to help me stop crying. I stood up and pressed my head against his chest. He held my head there. I cried openly.

"I... I'm sorry... I can't go on. It hurts. This is... This is goodbye Laney." Angeal said. His hand went limp as well as his body. His head rolled to the side and I sank to the ground hearing the machines verifying that he had left me. I heard the doctors hurrying. I let out an angry and grief laden scream. The door opened and Genesis had to pull me back. The doctors felt for pulses. 

"He is gone...... I'm sorry... He will join the Lifestream." The doctor said. I scream again and they all looked at me with what should have been a comforting look but it made it worse! I watched as Angeal's body was absorbed by the Lifestream. I screamed quieter my voice dying out. I was taken away from the hospital. Deviprasad was waiting at my house with Hollander. I had been carried all the way here. I was filled with depression. They saw.