A Mystery To Athena: It's You - 2

Author: CecaniahCloveR

Story: A Mystery To Athena: It's You

Genre: Romance

Readers: 16+

Opening:

When starting a novel, we need to create an engaging entry point. It should be presented in first part which can be in any forms you like – prologue/blurb/teaser/Chapter 1 and rarely synopsis (usually requested by publishers).

How to make an engaging start: We should make the reader ask Who?, What?, Why?, Where? or When? 

The first part of the novel is written in synopsis. A brief summary of the major points of the story. It was started with an interesting detail of character, setting and conflict that made the reader ask something in mind which is good in the beginning. From the title itself, the main key is a mystery to Athena, she received a kiss from someone she didn't know and maybe the other mysteries between the characters life.

Honestly, nagdalawang isip ako kung masasabi nga bang synopsis iyon or book teaser or other.

Ø A "teaser" is a one-page-maximum pitch of the story that leaves the reader longing to read the whole novel. Where a synopsis is complete, a teaser is not—a teaser leads the reader to wanting to read the whole manuscript. Teaser is usually a piece of story that introduces a hook without giving much plot away.

Ø A "synopsis" is a relatively brief narrative outline of your story, from beginning to ending. It's a detailed description of the action line and character development, especially for the major characters. The purpose of the synopsis is to provide its reader with an overview of what the story's all about.

Ilang beses ko siyang inulit basahin. I can say that yes it can be a synopsis because of the overview and major scene. Mukhang doon naman talaga iikot ang kuwento, kay Athena at sa tatlong lalaking pumasok sa buhay niya. Pero nakulangan ako... hindi naisama ang major points ng nobela at konting pahapyaw sa ending. Since hindi pa tapos ang nabasa ko, hindi pa masabi ang katapusan ng kuwento. Kaya siguro naging alanganin sa akin na synopsis iyon. I tried to read also some samples of synopsis. Based on my understanding/opinion, it's not a full story synopsis. Anyway, it's your style, a different approach in writing synopsis. It's also a great tool to pull and hold the readers rope without giving the major story outline.

The story's opening is good. You accomplished to include the major goals in writing the opening part which are to grab the reader's attention, ground the reader in the setting (though very minimal), intrigue the reader with a character and give the reader a puzzle to solve (something to worry about, something to read on to find out what happens next).

Conflict:

There are many conflicts in the story. The main one is already stated in synopsis. The conflicts are realistic and created just right in every situation. Tensions are significant and struggles are real.