10 | D E N I A L

________

D E N I A L

(n.)  a psychological defense mechanism in which confrontation with a personal problem or with reality is avoided by denying the existence of it.
________

"OWEN!" OLIVIA screeched as her brother smacked her face with cake icing and ran away guffawing. Olivia growled, taking off her velvet jacket for Brooke to hold and running after her brother.

"Come back here you ugly ass!"

"We're twins you idiot!"

"Do those two ever stop fighting?" Brooke sighed, taking another sip form her punch as she watched two blond heads bobbing through the crowd. "God, though. They're both hot."

Dean laughed and tightened his arm around Bleu's shoulders. She smiled at him for the sake of their status in school as the power couple and leaned over to place her head on his shoulder, suddenly tired.

It was their school's 60th anniversary. So to celebrate, the school held a party and everyone was required to attend for incentives. Bleu would rather just stay home.

Movement to her right came across her peripheral vision and she lazily looked to see what it was. The door opened, and a tall, slim figure shyly slipped through.

Bleu caught her breath. Paris looked gorgeous in a silk nude dress. The dress hung from her shoulders in delicate ties and connected together at her front in a V, emphasizing her collarbones and cleavage. Her brown waves were down in soft careless curls, her naturally stunning green eyes needing and having minimal makeup, and her natural pink lips complimented her dress perfectly. She was sexy without meaning to.

This was why she didn't want to come. It's been a week since the kiss, and she had avoided Paris like the plague. She was confused as hell about her feelings, and being around Paris didn't help. And the annoying problem is, maybe being around her helped too much. All she knew was that being involved with an undercover princess was a bad idea.

But she already is and she knew it.

"Ooh Paris!" Brooke noticed the brunette and waved her over excitedly. "You look hot!" She complimented over the pounding music playing. She stood up to hug the green eyed beauty.

"Hey Par," Dean greeted. "How are you feeling?" His concern for Paris as a friend was natural. Bleu knew Dean was really a caring person and his friends were always the recieving end of his affection. He had changed a whole lot over the year, and he always tells her it was because of her.

Since they were seated at a round table, the only space available was the spot Olivia had occupied, which was right next to Bleu. Paris greeted them all in return and tried to meet her eyes, but she wouldn't look at her. The brunette smiled at something Brooke said and sat down next to Bleu.

When her soft skin brushed against her own, Bleu got up. "I'm going to the bathroom." Looking at Brooke only, she quickly walked away to escape into the bathroom.

Thankfully, there was no one else in the bathroom. Bleu walked over to the sink and brough up a hand to clear a smudge at the base of her chin. Her chrome blue eyes stared back at her, her makeup done to perfection. Bleu Ivy never failed to impress with her looks, no matter how much she tried not to care. The simple red dress she wore matched her lips, her golden hair still in its half-up pristine condition. She looked put-together, at least. Unlike the mess that she was inside. She sighed. She should be out there flirting with her boyfriend and mingling with people, not hiding in the bathroom because the girl she kissed walked in the room.