14 | R E S I L I E N T

________

R E S I L I E N T

(adj.) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
________

"SHIT, MAN I'm so relieved you guys are alright," Olivia shamelessly enveloped Bleu and Paris in a hug. "We've tried calling and messaging you guys and all we've been getting are these vague-ass answers that are lame as hell. Explain." She frowned.

"Yeah," Owen crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Why is Paris staying here? And what-"

"Pardon," Kael's lover interrupted by walking in to grab her phone that she had forgotten at the lobby area where the teens were gathered. "Lunch is ready."

Both twins and small asian girl gawked. Natasja, unaware of the attention she was drawing in her yoga pants and muscle tee, simply took another bite of the cucumber in her hand while checking her phone. She didn't seem to have noticed the newcomers; she was so engrossed in something on her sleek device. She then practically sashayed back into the dining room, and soon they could hear her volunteering to help Rosa (their maid) with setting up.

"Good god," Paris laughed slighty at the unhinged jaw of her three friends. "You've never seen another human being before?"

"That's a human being?" Brooke fanned herself. "I was thinking something more along the lines of goddess."

The twins numbly nodded, extending their hands for Brooke to high-five lamely while still staring after the gorgeous tall redhead.

"Now about that explanation..." Olivia was the first to break from their stare to look at Bleu.

"Let's talk after lunch," Bleu smiled, somewhat nervously. She wasn't sure if she would want to tell the truth to her friends, so she was going to let Paris take this one.

"No," Owen held up his hands. "You've been avoiding for too long. We want the full explanation now. There's something weird going on, and we can all sense it."

Olivia agreed with her brother. "You can trust us, you know. Whatever you have to say, we can keep it a secret."

Bleu shook her head. "No, seriously -"

"She's right. It's not fair to keep them waiting longer," Paris gently placed a hand on Bleu's arm to still her. "I'll tell Mrs. Ivy we'll be having our lunch later. I'll explain everything downstairs now." Paris took a deep breath and Bleu just about smacked her forehead.

She sighed. She didn't know who to trust anymore at this point. Then almost immediately she felt a slight guilt for not trusting their friends.

"Come on, then," Bleu waved them towards the elevator. "To the gaming room."

"Right, the elevator," Olivia raised a brow. "I forgot how rich Bleu Ivy was."

"Um, excuse me?" Brooke raised her hand tentatively like a pre-schooler asking a question. "I get the explaining part, but we're not totally skipping lunch, right? They'll bring some food downstairs...?"

"All you think about is food," Owen poked her ribs. "No wonder you're gaining weight."

"I will eat you if you don't shut up, Andrews." Brooke hissed, and Owen quickly went behind his sister.