Chapter 3

Enjoy!

---

It had been three days since Vikk had confessed to Josh (and JJ) about his dream. Their reactions weren't instant, but soon after Josh had stormed out and JJ had followed on wobbly legs. Had he said something wrong? It felt like 'Ethan' was a trigger word for hidden emotions and buried secrets.

But now it had been three days, I repeat, and Vikk was no closer to discovering the truth than he had been three days ago. Some development was that he had heard an argument between Josh and Tobi, which both his name and 'Ethan' were mentioned various times. It had been painful to listen to, especially when the shouting followed and how Vikk knew they hated fighting with each other.

Another curious development, which terrified Vikk most of all, was that he had been having the same dream (or nightmare) every night since it happened the first time. It always happened in the exact same way as well, which increased Vikk's fear. He'd experienced it so many times he could navigate the path if he found it in the jungle-

Vikk's thoughts paused, and a new, dangerously inviting plan began to form in his head. He glanced out the window at his boyfriends, who were building some kind of specialised storage unit. Maybe he could just slip past... No, not tonight. He was too tired and he readied no supplies that he would need for the expedition. He'd give himself two nights to prepare. It was time to make a stand and discover what they had been hiding from him.

-

The next day, Vikk was busy harvesting the berry bushes, which they had grown in their shelter, for Tobi. He was planning to take some for himself, for, you know...

Simon suddenly appeared in his line of sight, a grin plastered on his grubby face. Vikk could tell he had been hunting, as a bloody pike rested on his back and his rucksack bulged with some substance.

Vikk offered him a bright smile then noticed how Simon was hiding his hands behind his back.

"What's up Si?" Vikk chirped, pausing his berry gathering to give the tall boy his full attention.

"I have something for you!" Simon replied in a sing-song voice, leaning down so he was eye-level with Vikk.

Vikk raised a large eyebrow, but his sunny smiled brightened even more. Simon loved that smile.

"But first..." Simon wiggled his eyebrows, "...I request a kiss."

Vikk laughed, "Well I can't say no to that face." He lent forwards and met Simon's lips in the middle.

Simon's free hand grasped Vikk's waist, bringing him closer as their lips danced passionately. It wasn't often acts like this happened. Mainly because Josh had a strict rule of not getting 'distracted' when working. So Vikk savoured this moment, running his hands through Simon's hair, like he loved to do with all his boys. Eventually, they broke away with heavy breathing but heart's content.

Simon, after composing himself, revealed what he had in his hidden hand. It was a singular piece of Starfruit. Vikk gasped in sudden joy. The fruit was rare, but delicious and had instantly become Vikk's favourite. His love of the fruit had also earned him the nickname of 'Star'.

Vikk grasped the fruit delicately, as he hadn't had one in forever, before his arms around Simon's neck and pressing their lips together in  rough fashion.

"Oi! You two, you know the rules." Vikk heard Josh shout to them, and reluctantly he pulled away from a flustered Simon, sending a sweet apologetic smile towards Josh (who look somewhat flustered too).

"Thanks Si." Vikk whispered.

The hunter mumbled 'You're welcome' before rushing off.

Vikk bit into the fruit, groaning in pleasure at the juicy sensation, before rushing off to give Tobi the collected berries. He burst through the doors and into the kitchen area, surprising Tobi.

"Vikk!" Tobi cried, nearly dropping the knife he was using to chop up vegetables from the garden with.

Vikk skidded to a stop, handing Tobi his bag of berries in a rush. Then enthusiastically showed Tobi the blessed Starfruit like it was a trophy. Tobi stared at it for a second then started to grin like a maniac, turning to look at Vikk.

"Can you make it into a drink for me Tobs? Please?" Vikk pouted and Tobi chuckled.

"Of course, let me just go grab some things to make it with. He chirped and sauntered off.

Vikk watched him go with a wide smile and turned to see what Tobi had been working on before he had disturbed him. His smile instantly fell as he realised the opportunity he had been presented with. The cinnamon boy hesitated before grabbing some vegetables off of Tobi's little pile. Guilt gnawed at his bones but he banished the feeling, plastering a sunny smile on his face as Tobi returned.

---

This was kind of a filler chapter, but also just needed some Ministar loving for my soul xD

I hope you enjoyed!