Prologue

The sun had been long up for the day, but the same couldn't be said for the couple that rested inside the house a skip and a hop away from the ocean waters

The sun had been long up for the day, but the same couldn't be said for the couple that rested inside the house a skip and a hop away from the ocean waters. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore didn't do much to wake anyone, instead, it was viewed as soothing as Sirius Black continued to cuddle his wife, Nixie, in their bed. He had actually been awake for a couple of hours, but he couldn't resist the idea of spending the day in bed, especially as Nixie continued to sleep. He knew very well that sleeping in was one of her favourite things to do and now that they actually could, he was going to let her take full advantage of it. 

Although Nixie wasn't exactly asking permission either, anyone who dared to wake her up before she was damn well ready was going to experience some form of pain. Sirius knew that all too well from past experiences and Buckbeak had caught on quickly after one or two times, so the household remained silent. But no one could deny that it felt good to actually relax for the time in what felt like forever. Close to two decades of fighting the same way, suffering from heartache, separation, and loss of loved ones, it was nice to breathe without having to look over one's shoulder constantly. 

Down the hall, Harry's room resided, but it was quiet after he had left for the day to spend in the company of Ginny Weasley. It was probably safe to say that he was going to be moving out on his own soon as he and Ginny were making plans, although that information was confidential for the time being. Harry wasn't exactly sure how the Weasley family was going to take the idea of Ginny leaving the household. He was sure that Molly and Arthur were going to be supportive, however, Ginny had a lot of older brothers, one of them being Harry's best friend. So far, everyone liked the idea of them being together, but moving in together was definitely a big step. 

Sirius and Nixie were quite laid back with their opinion of it all, but they couldn't really passing judgment, after all, the couple had moved in together right after leaving Hogwarts. So telling Harry, who was technically of age, what he could and couldn't do when it came to that subject would only sound hypocritical. 

But Harry's rush to move out was not solely on moving in with Ginny, but to offer his godparents privacy. The war was over and the couple had done their best to raise him in his remaining years of childhood, not to mention they would always be there when he needed guidance. However, Harry was sure that Nixie and Sirius really wanted to start up a family of their own. It had been talked about enough during the time where the idea of bringing a child into the world seemed ridiculous. They had fought and they had won, so it was definitely time to reward themselves with what they wanted after they had sacrificed so much. 

Sirius could definitely say that he was ready to experience parenthood, he had been thinking about it for quite some time. Even if curiosity when he and Nixie were early on in their relationship, thinking about how the mermaid genetics would affect their young. Then he was able to experience a glimpse of what it would be like when it came to adopting Harry as their own, even if the boy was much older at the time. He was also able to witness it as Remus was able to experience parenthood earlier on, so Sirius believed he was ready and he knew Nixie was ready.