Chapter One

Harry's birthday party was to be celebrated at the Burrow and everyone was invited to come to enjoy a nice evening together

Harry's birthday party was to be celebrated at the Burrow and everyone was invited to come to enjoy a nice evening together. After the war ended, everyone seemed to want to get back into the swing of doing things before they dedicated their lives to the Order and it left them with little time spending in the company of one another as they had become so accustomed to. Remus was busy with Tonks raising their son, Teddy, the Weasleys were trying to get order back in the lives, others were getting back to their own families like Hermione, who had to return to her parents and restore their memories. 

Nixie was trying to figure out besides starting a family with Sirius, what did she plan on doing?

When she left Hogwarts, she had gone right into the Order with no questions asked but it wasn't what she wanted to do. It was just what she had to do at the time to fight for what she thought was right. But as she thought back on it, in Hogwarts she didn't have the slightest clue as to what she wanted to do either. She remembered that unemployment had been looking like the first option for a while. So did she want to be a stay at home mother and raise the children? Sirius had made no mention of truly getting a job either now that she thought about it. 

He had been assisting Harry and Ron along with the Ministry to track down any remaining Death Eaters that had fled from the Battle in order to bring them to justice. He seemed quite fond of spending his time doing that as it kept him busy, it took everything in Nixie to convince the man that she would be fine remaining at home while he did that. She kept herself busy with sleeping, spending time with Buckbeak or visiting her family down by the water. It was nice to see Sirius out and about, doing something that he wanted to do and not doing it because someone asked him to do it. 

She wanted to find something like that, but she had no idea what. 

"Well, why not join Harry and the rest of them?" Meri questioned as Nixie settled herself in front of the water, her feet soaking. "I'm sure they would love to have you and I'm sure any remaining Death Eater is going to drop dead right on the spot once they see you coming for them."

Nixie chuckled and shook her head. "I don't know, I really don't want anything to do with that stuff anymore, Mum. I just want to leave all that behind and keep moving forward. The war is over and they can spend time rounding up Death Eaters, but those cowards aren't going to do anything. They fled before their leader fell, they can't even stand on their own two feet without him. I want to do something else."

"Like what?" Meri asked leaning against a rock and glancing down at her daughter. "Make a list of all the possible jobs you would want."

"That's just the thing, Mum, I've tried that and I can't figure out what I would want to do. I'm drawing blanks left and right," Nixie sighed, drawing her knees to her chest, "but the thing is, I don't want to stay home and be a housewife. I commend all the women that can do that, but that's just not me."

"Well, regardless, it's all up to you, sweetheart. Whatever you want to do as long as it won't hurt you, I'll support it, you know that," Meri smiled. "But in the meantime, I still want my grandchild or grandchildren, but no pressure, one is enough for me."