Chapter Six

(cendriia)

(cendriia)

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Eleanor had plenty of questions when it came to the animagus training and surprisingly, Sirius was letting Nixie explain the majority of it without any interruptions. Although she was convinced that he was just letting her do all the talking because explaining the process was just as complicated as actually taking part in it. However, Eleanor didn't seem to grow anxious as they went over the needed steps in the beginning, in fact, it only seemed to make her grow even more excited. Looking at her face and noting the young woman's reactions reminded Nixie of James and how proud he was of himself for coming up with the idea. 

"So," Eleanor began at one point, biting the inside of her cheek for a second in thought, "I don't get to choose what animal I become, it's all based on my personality and traits?"

Nixie nodded her head. "That's correct.  Because if that were the case, James would have been a lion and Sirius would have been a dragon."

She thought back to the time where the boys were claiming what they wanted to be, back when they were in schooling and could only share in the laughter with Eleanor. Thinking about how ridiculous it all would have been to have a dragon and a lion accompanying a werewolf on the grounds. What a sight that would have been, she believed the boys wouldn't have been much of a use at that point. 

"A lion and a dragon," Eleanor chuckled before resting her elbow on the table, " how would that ever work going on the school grounds?"

If only Eleanor had been around to witness the boys back in school, she probably wouldn't question any of the thought processes, especially when it came to James and Sirius during those times. It was only best to go with the flow or one would end up losing years off their life arguing with them.

"Well, between you and me, Ellie," Nixie said leaning across the way to whisper, "the boys were incredibly smart in school, but they could say and do some of the dumbest things. That's why I was certain they were going to come out as lemmings."

Nixie had only been poking fun at the memories of working with the boys, so she was entirely confused when Eleanor's face suddenly looked stricken with horror. The woman glanced around alarmed as Eleanor held her face in her hands. "Oh...oh no." 

Trying to go over what she had said inside her own mind, wondering what was causing Eleanor such grief, Nixie just shrugged her shoulders after a minute before she gave in and asked what was wrong. "What?"

Eleanor played with the usual thread that she ended up pulling at in all of her jumpers, a nervous tick of hers that Nixie always wondered how her jumpers didn't unravel themselves. She glanced up several times with the same eyes that resembled her father's to the point where Nixie could have tricked herself into thinking that a young Remus was sitting across from her.