Chapter Five

( cendriia)

cendriia)

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

"Okay, so I may not be able to cook but perhaps you actually did need those Herbology tutoring sessions back when we were in school," Nixie told Sirius as the two stood outside of the house and looked at what appeared to be a display of dead flower and bushes. "Goodness, Fluffy, what did the rose bushes ever do to you?"

Sirius peered over at her, his hands resting on his hips before he gave a shake of his head. "I did everything I suppose to. I gave them plenty of water and-"

"How much water?" Nixie questioned him.

It was quiet for a moment as if Sirius was trying to figure out if it was some sort of trick question she was trying to get by him. "I said plenty," he answered, "that's good enough."

"You know there is such a thing as too much water. It rains often enough that the plants don't have to be watered every day, Sirius. Were you watering them every day?"

The man didn't answer which brought a bright smile to Nixie's face as she was waiting for the man to admit that he wasn't good at everything. So often, she was teased for her inability to cook, but lo and behold, there was something that the great Sirius Black struggled with. Stealing a glance over in her direction, Sirius could see the amusement written all over his wife's face and rolled his eyes. The frustration was building up inside of him as he looked down at the dead plants before he let out a growl.

"How can you overwater a plant?!" He cried out in frustration. "It doesn't make sense!"

"It does make sense, Sirius Black drowns plants!" Nixie laughed. She looked over at him, sure that he was sending a dirty glare in her way, but she should have known better as she turned her head and saw that he was in dog form, crouched down in the position to attack. She couldn't help but chuckle before she ran off. Sirius let out a warning bark before giving chase, not about to let her get off the hook so easily. It seemed they were just making laps around the house, anyone in the distance could only see and hear a woman laughing as she was being chased down by a rather large black dog.

She was making her fifth lap around the house when she came to a screeching halt when she spotted Eleanor standing on the front steps. However, Sirius didn't get the memo that the game was over between the couple because just as she went to greet Eleanor, she was tackled to the ground. The two of them hit the ground and Sirius fell out of form with laughter, only to look up and see that Eleanor was there.

Nixie rolled over on her back and thwacked him on his side before blowing her hair out of her face. 

"Am I interrupting something?" Eleanor asked them with a smirk.

"Uh, no," Sirius said pushing himself up and then helping Nixie up to her feet. "Nini and I were just gardening, isn't that right, sweetheart?"

Eleanor's eyes fell on the dead rose bush. "If this is your form of gardening, I guess that explains why half of your garden is dead."