Chapter Seven

"Explain to me why we're going there when Eleanor could easily come here?" Sirius whined as they prepared to leave the home to visit with Eleanor for her animagus training

"Explain to me why we're going there when Eleanor could easily come here?" Sirius whined as they prepared to leave the home to visit with Eleanor for her animagus training. She advised them to meet her at the shop so they could go over what she needed to do, however, Sirius was trying to come up with every excuse to stay home and more importantly, stay in bed.

"Technically, we don't have to go," Nixie replied, coming into the room after pulling a jumper over her head and moving to slip some shoes on. For a moment, Sirius looked quite hopeful that she looked to be considering the idea of remaining at the house, however, they did not carry the same train of thought.

"I'll go," she continued, " and you can stay here, all snuggled up with your covers, alright?"

"No, not alright," Sirius protested as he sat up in the bed and grabbed her by the wrist gently to pull her back. "I don't want to spend the day cuddling with myself. It's not the same if you're not here. So why don't you just come here and let me love you, for Merlin's sake, woman!"

Nixie wasn't given a chance to argue as he pulled her back into the bed and wrapped his arms around her tightly. With her arms practically pinned down to her side, Nixie was unable to move, leaving her to glare in her husband's direction. 

"You act like it's such a chore to love me," he said with a pouted lower lip, bringing the woman to roll her eyes, using every bit of her willpower not to smile. 

"Have you met yourself? You are a full-time job, darling," she chuckled. Her laughter was only reinforced by the offended look on Sirius' face before he pushed her away and rolled onto his other side.

"This cuddle session is officially over."

"Well, if you insist," Nixie said pushing herself up, not noticing Sirius looking over his shoulder at her as he figured he could win the battle by guilt-tripping her. However, Nixie wasn't easily won over as she went back to the task of putting her shoes on. He watched for a few seconds and before she attempted to get up and leave, he grabbed her again.

"Oh no, you don't, you're not getting away that easily," he said holding onto her with her back pressed against his chest. "You are not leaving. Not until I say you can leave."

"Sirius, please don't make me hurt you."

"All I want is a little love and affection!"

Of course, while Sirius was left becoming frustrated, behind Nixie's calm expression, she was laughing internally at his reactions. There was nothing else she would rather do than spend all day in Sirius' arms while the two of them remained in bed, in fact, that was the dream. But she did make her promises to Ellie, yet, the more she thought about it, they never agreed to a specified time for them to show up at the shop. Perhaps she could spare some time to satisfy the needs of her needy-husband. 

While Sirius was in pout-mode, he didn't notice Nixie kicked off her shoes as she brought up her feet to rest beside his on the bed. She turned to face him completely, only to catch him off guard as she started trailing kisses up his neck. A grin appeared on her lips as she felt him swallow, slightly startled by her initiating the activity that was about to take place.