~ Stage Fright ~

Your POV

I felt my face become pale. (Y/B/F) swung around and gaped at me. "Wait, what?" she gasped.

I couldn't reply, for Mettaton began to motion me forward. I unsteadily stood, gripping the chairs on either side of me to ensure that I didn't fall over because of my shaky legs.

Eventually I had stumbled to the stage and climbed up, the sketchbook hanging from my right thumb and index finger.

I sat on the couch next to Mettaton's chair, my face growing red. "H-hi," I stuttered, waving bashfully. I noticed that the only human there was (Y/B/F), and everyone else was a monster. This must be embarrassing for her, too.

Mettaton smiled. "Welcome, (Y/N) darling. How are you tonight?"

"F-f-fine!" I said kind of loudly, sweat dripping down my face and neck.

A laugh escaped Mettaton's synthetic lips. "Very good, darling. I have a few questions to ask you," he told you.

"O-oh?"

He grinned. "Would you ever smooch a ghost?"

"U-uh, if I had to," I replied slowly.

Mettaton glanced at the camera. "You heard that, Blooky!" Oh gosh, I forgot that his cousin Napstablook would be watching.

"Next! Would you smooch a robot?"

My face flushed an even brighter red, and my heart beat sped up. "L-like you?" I shouted, and every monster in the crowd laughed, including (Y/B/F).

Mettaton chuckled, and I could've sworn that his cheeks were pink. "I mean the robots in general, but yes, darling, I am indeed a robot."

I answered before thinking. "ABSOLUTELY!" I answered quickly, before what I said had processed in my mind. Once I realized what I had told him, my hands flew over my mouth.

By now Mettaton's cheeks were definitely bright pink. "Oh my..."

I buried my face in my hands while I heard (Y/B/F) laughing the loudest out of everyone. Mettaton cleared his throat. "Anyway, let's move on."

"Yes please!" I said under my hands.

"How long have you been drawing?" he asked.

"F-fifteen years," I replied, my heart slowing a little, but my face was still red.

He clapped his metal hands together. "Very nice, sweetheart. And how long have you been drawing me?"

Why these questions? "Over two years," I sighed, rubbing my forehead in an attempt to cool down.

"Oh, for such beautiful art, dear, I would assume that you've been drawing me for your whole life!" Mettaton complimented.

By now there was no hope of me calming down. "O-oh th-thank you!" I stuttered once again.

Then he pretended to look at a watch on his wrist, although he probably had a clock inside himself since he was a robot. "Oh, look at the time. I'm afraid that we are out of time tonight." He smiled brightly and his gaze swept across the monsters watching. "See you next time, beauties!"

At that, everyone started to file out of the room. Only the monsters that were here first lingered, along with (Y/B/F).

Mettaton grabbed my bony left hand and shook it. "It was lucky that I ran into you today, dear," he admitted. "Frisk never showed up."

"Oh, sorry about that," I said sheepishly. "They would've been a better guest than me, though."

"Nonsense! You were great, darling. Actually I was wondering if you would like to come to the afterparty at my house," he offered.

Oh my what? Why me? "O-oh, really? Of course I would like to!"

"Great! Well, we better get going now," Mettaton told you, turning to leave.

"Wait!" He turned around, and I blushed at my sudden outburst. "U-uh... Can my friend (Y/B/F) come, too?"

"Oh, sure sweetheart! Anything for my favorite fan!" He grinned and stepped off of the stage.

I took my sketchbook and scrambled off of the stage, still as red as a strawberry. Oh my... (Y/B/F) was waiting for me at the bottom, and she was staring at me, eyes wide. "When the heck did you meet Mettaton?" she asked, confused.

"It was a complete accident," I sighed, shaking my head. "But he invited the two of us to the quote unquote 'afterparty'..."

She suddenly squealed and bounced up and down. "Really?!"

"Yeah..." I shuffled my feet.

Mettaton turned his head to look at us. "Come, my friends are waiting."

(Y/B/F) shared a curious glance with me and ran off to catch up with him. I sighed, shrugged, and followed.