~ Chapter 19 ~

Your POV

I pounced onto the bed next to him and snatched it away. "What are you doing?!"

"U-uhhh, n-nothing, darling!" he stuttered.

"Mhm. Sure." I looked at the drawing and instantly blushed a bright color, then shut it and stuffed it back in my suitcase.

I'd rather not tell you what he drew.

I crossed my arms. "Umm... And what was that?"

"Sorry..."

"Yeah, that's what I thought." My face was flushed with a dark red and a deep (F/C). "J-just forget it."

He was silent for a moment.

"You just forgot it, didn't you?"

"Forgot what?"

"Nevermind," I sighed with a hint of laughter.
I glanced at the sketchbook again. "Did you want a sketchbook of your own?"

He nodded. "Yes, actually. Acting and performing is my passion, but drawing is actually quite fun sometimes. It helps me calm down when I'm stressed or just sad," he said.

"So are you stressed or sad?" I questioned.

"Both..."

I pat him on his metal head. "I'd love to help but I don't know how. But I have an empty sketchbook for you if you want."

Mettaton instantly brightened up. "Oh? May I have it, darling?"

"Go for it." I began rummaging through my art supplies and finally found an empty sketchbook, then handed it to him.

He grinned and grabbed my hand, squeezing it. "Thank you so much!"

I wanted to pull it away but his grip was too strong. "Y-yeah, no problem," I mumbled while blushing still.

He realized what he was doing and pulled away. "Oh, sorry, dear," he apologized.

"I-it's cool. Don't worry about it."

Mettaton sighed and stared into my eyes. "Are you staying or leaving?"

I smiled lightly and tangled my hands together. I had a small urge to say I was leaving, but an even bigger push towards saying I was staying. So I went for my instinct.

"Am I staying at your house or somewhere else?"

"Why, here, of course, until you can purchase your own home for you and (Y/B/F)." He tilted his head. "Does that mean you're staying?"

I grinned and grabbed him, embracing him in a hug. "Sure. I can stay here until (Y/B/F) and I can go home to get our furniture and whatnot."

Even though he should have been cold since he was a robot, he was surprisingly warm. And his body didn't feel like metal either.

When I pulled away, his face was dark pink. "Well that's great," he said, sounding a little embarrassed.

I touched my forehead, finally processing what I did. Oh, I just hugged Mettaton, didn't I? And it was genuine, too. Not like something a crazy fan would give a celebrity.

My smile faltered but I tried to keep my face like that to hide the blush that was crawling up my face.