~ Chapter 16 ~

(Yeah, I've decided that I can't come up with anymore chapter names, it's just a pain. So I'll just do this instead!)

Mettaton's POV

(Y/N) is really something. And right then, I thought that we could possibly be... No. That's not true. She's nothing like me. Although, Alphys is nothing like Undyne, and they've gone on countless dates. I guess... opposites attract?

Hmm, I guess thinking like that will get me killed eventually. It's like saying: "Hey, Chara's nothing like me, we should totally be together!" Yeah. Not the best idea. Instant death.

I snapped back into reality to see (Y/N) snapping her fingers in front of my face. "Hey, Metta. Burgerpants is here to take our order."

"Hmm? Oh, hello, darling. Could I just get a soda?" I requested.

He grunted, scribbled something down, and looked at (Y/N) questioningly. "This all sounds so good!" she gasped, staring intently at the menu. "I guess I'll have the Starfait, please."

He mumbled some incoherent words, writing down her order.

(Y/B/F) and Papyrus both ordered a Glamburger.

Burgerpants walked away, looking over his list of orders as he went into the kitchen.

Unconsciously I got lost in (Y/N)'s eyes once he left. She gave me a weird look, but went with it. I could tell that she was both embarrassed and clearly nervous.

"You seem nervous, dear. Is something wrong?" I asked her.

She hid her face, which I realized was pretty red. "N-no, I'm okay."

(Y/B/F) giggled and winked at me, pointing a finger at (Y/N).

I was confused.

She rolled her eyes and moved her hands, which I could tell was sign language. I had to learn it to be able to communicate with Frisk, and I realized that she must know it, too. She signed: 'She likes you. Like, a lot.'

I blushed pink and signed back, 'I really didn't need to know that, she can tell me herself.'

She smiled and giggled again, turning back to talk to Papyrus.

Your POV

I saw that (Y/B/F) was signing at Mettaton, which made me frustrated that I couldn't understand her. What made me more irritated was that Metta signed back. Did everyone know sign language except me?

"W-what did she say?" I asked him as (Y/B/F) resumed conversation with Paps.

"Oh, nothing important, sweetheart," he lied. I knew it was a lie, since his face was definitely pink, and that wasn't "nothing important".

"Mhmm," I replied, putting on my skeptical expression and raising an eyebrow.

The robot obviously missed it because he didn't say anything about it. "So, how is your art going?" he questioned.

"I-I'm sorry I draw you so m-much," I stuttered, twiddling my thumbs.

Instead of agreeing, which I would have expected him-- or anyone for that matter-- to do, he said, "Oh, darling. You don't have to be sorry. I don't usually say this to my fans, but..." He lowered his voice. "I think you may be the best artist I have ever met. And I think that you have amazing potential."

I felt something inside me melt. Was it my heart? Probably. But I already know that I have a crush on him, so why does this statement make it different? I tried my hardest to control my physical state, which was not exactly easy. I can't really stop my blush.

Mettaton noticed how I was reacting to his comment and covered his mouth. "What dear, was it something I said?"

I seemed to have no control over my body because I nodded, and I have no idea why I would do that since METTATON IS THE ONE I'M TALKING TO HERE.

He frowned. "Oh. Well, sweetheart, I don't think that we'll have to awkwardly chat much longer because here comes Burgerpants now." He leaned back in his chair and motioned to the cat monster approaching us with a platter of food.

Burgerpants set the Starfait in front of me, gave Metta his soda, and handed Paps and (Y/B/F) their Glamburgers.

I wonder how the others are doing? Undyne and Alphys have probably gone to hang out somewhere together. Sans is most likely at his and Papyrus's house on the couch, watching TV or something. I know Toriel is with her son. Who knows where Frisk is. I haven't even met them yet...

My thoughts were once again interrupted by (Y/B/F) jamming her fist on the table, wiping some edible glitter off of her mouth. "I'm done! I finished first! Pay up!"

"HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?" Papyrus asked, his voice muffled by the burger that was in between his jaws.

"I said, pay up."

Paps groaned and reluctantly slammed 20 gold in front of her.

I laughed by their antics and began the Starfait. And the moment the spoon touched my mouth: INSTANT FAVORITE FOOD. FORGET (F/F). That seems like trash compared to this.

Mettaton was quietly drinking his soda, and this suddenly became the most awkward date I have ever been on.

Most likely because it's the first date I've ever been on, but that's not important.

The rest of dinner pretty much dragged on endlessly until finally something interesting happened.

Some human set his hand on the table, smirking at me. "Oh, how cute. A hybrid. Haven't humans only been interacting with monsters for two years? Oooooh, are you just some little child?" the boy teased.

My face went red. "What. Is. Your. Problem?!" I retorted.

"You're my problem. You disgust me."

(Y/B/F) looked worried. Papyrus looked kind of angry but also kind of nervous. Mettaton on the other hand looked enraged. He stood up and opened his mouth, about to shoot back a nasty comment, but I stopped him by standing up as well, pushing him back into his seat using telekinesis that I didn't even know I had.

I pulled some hair out of my eye socket to reveal that it was glowing a bright (F/C) color. "Look. I know your human, and you think you're so great. I am also human, if only just half. And it's too late to turn back now, because you insulted me, you insulted my friends, you insulted the entire monster race. Prepare to suffer, jerk."

Mettaton called for me to stop and told me I was going too far, but I ignored him and raised my arm. The boy's hands flew over his mouth as he backed away, looking terrified about what I could do to him and looking like he regretted what he said.

I ignored that, too.

I pushed bones up from the ground to prevent him from running, trapping him in a ring of them. He began to lift off of the ground as my eye continued to gain brightness. "I hate you. I'm sick of being treated like this!" I thrust my arm forward and flung him against the wall, and I'm pretty sure I heard a cracking sound.

I grabbed Mettaton's and (Y/B/F)'s arms and began to drag them to the door. "Let's go."