Chapter 9

"You're too slow, Elijah." 

With her arms crossed in front of her chest, Hela stood next to the fighting brothers. Klaus was getting better and better, today he was on the edge to beat Elijah for the first time. 

Elijah was struggling hard to keep up with his much quicker brother, his hard hits never came through. A smile tugged on his lips when he heard Hela's teasing. 

As the fight continued to drag, both fighters obviously equal with their strengths and weaknesses, Rebekah and Henrik, their littlest brother joined to watch the fight. They both grinned and cheered for their older brothers, while Hela tabbed her feet, mimicking the rhythm of the fight. 

"Look, brother, our sister came to watch your defeat." 

Elijah said teasingly and Hela chuckled. Clever strategy, in a serious fight things like that could provoke the enemy into attacking first. 

Klaus smirked wickedly and suddenly lunged forward and after some quick, sharp blows, he had cut off Elijah's leather belt which ended the fight. 

"They have come to laugh at you, brother." 

They all chuckled and the men let their swords fall to the ground. Hela patted Klaus' back, proud of her pupil. He was a quick learner and he really had improved. Hopefully it would one day impress Mikael, so he would stop seeing his son as a failure. 

With a smile, she walked up to Elijah and wrapped her arms around his neck, leaning forward to whisper into his ear.

"You're way too slow." 

She continued her teasing. Elijah wanted to capture her lips, but Hela leaned back to avoid his lips playfully. 

"See?" 

The young woman breathed and Elijah had enough. He grabbed her neck lightly and pressed his lips onto hers, both of them smiling into the kiss. It was this short moment, where they were simply happy. His family was gathered around them, they had each other, no serious worries for now. But unfortunately with them, it never stayed like that for a long time. 

"Why does the glorious victor not get a kiss? That's not fair, Hela!"

Klaus laughed as he watched his brother and his lover. He was so glad that Elijah found his one true love. His own difficulties with Tatia clouded his mind, but he wouldn't let it come between his and his brother, because Klaus knew that Elijah only had eyes for Hela. 

The carefree mood was shattered quickly when Mikael and Esther came by. The mother of six children looked at her husband warily, begging him to not loose his temper with his eyes. Hela would never understand why a woman would beg for something. It was pathetic. Why didn't Esther act when she saw her children being abused? 

"Glorious victor...why don't you show me some of your tricks?" 

Mikael said through gritted teeth. He pulled out his sword and pointed it at Klaus who looked frightened. His shoulders sunk down, nothing was left of the formerly proud young man. His father was able to destroy Hela's hard work within seconds and it made her so angry. 

Elijah felt her rage and wrapped an arm around her waist to keep her from immediately attacking Mikael. She shot him a glare, it wasn't in her nature to just watch. 

In the mean time, Mikael attacked Klaus, yelling insults at his son. Of course he was stronger than Klaus, as he was much more experienced and he fought like he was in battle, not sparring. When he suddenly pushed Klaus to the ground violently and still no one said a word, Hela had enough. 

Quickly, she freed herself off Elijah's strong arms and stole the sword from his hands. Then, before anyone could even notice, she was behind Mikael and the tip of Elijah's sword touched his neck.