Question No. 6 (Bard)

So, this one friend of mine, FireGirlDragons12345 asked this question in the context of being funny, but I decided that it deserved to be in this book.

I hope y'all enjoy!
~

Bard: *is sitting in his barge, feeling lonely*

Tatharel: *swims up to the boat wearing snorkel gear* HEEEEEYYYYY WASSSUPPP FUTURE DADDY-IN-LAW?!

Bard: WHAT THE- *jumps away from edge of barge*

Tatharel: Hi!

Bard: *looks put out* Seriously, Tatharel...stop assuming that Bain is entitled to marry you!

Tatharel: OHHHHHH GREAT, MY SELF-ESTEEM WAS ALREADY LOWERED FAR ENOUGH BY LURTZ MAKING FUN OF MY GROSS HAIRSTYLE, NOW YOU GO AND ADD SALT TO THE WOUND! WHY DON'T YOU PUT SOME LEMON JUICE ON IT WHILE YOU'RE AT IT?!
*bobs up and down angrily in the freezing water*

Bard: *sigh* Oh, stop it! We...We both know that...uh...YEAH, FINE, I MIGHT JUST BE YOUR FATHER-IN-LAW SOMEDAY!!!

Tatharel:....
Really?

Bard: YES, really! And I think that cold water is starting to affect your thoughts and reasoning, how long have you been in there for?

Tatharel: Well...I swam from Mirkwood....

Bard: *stares, incredulous* I shall never understand you, Tatharel. *shakes head as he pulls her out of the water*

Tatharel: *grins* *wrings out clothes* So I ha-

Bard: Wait, Tath?

Tatharel: Yeah? *looks up casually and freezes when she sees Bard's serious stare*

Bard: Marrying my son is nothing to be taken lightly, remember that...please.

Tatharel: *feels strange because she hasn't had a poignant, serious moment with anybody for the entire book so far*
Oh, Bard. I won't, Bain means a lot to me and-

Bain: Heyyyy did I just hear my name? *peeks over the edge of the boat that is facing the dock*

Tatharel: Oh! *blushes and falls over into water*

Bard: Uh-oh.

Bain: Wait, Da...Was that Tatharel?!

Bard:...Maybe.

Tatharel: *slowly peeks over edge of barge* hi.

Bard: *facepalm* Tatharel, please come out of the water, for the second time!

Tatharel: Okay, okay! It'll be for real this time, Dad. *sneaky grin*

Bard: *holds back laughter as he watches her climb with difficulty back onto the boat*

Tatharel: *ignores Bard* So- *grunt* I have a- *almost falls back into water* I have a question for you!

Bain: *has been watching quietly* Hi Tath... *shy wave*

Tatharel: *stands up and begins blow-drying her hair* Hi! I've missed you!

Bard:....You saw him yesterday.

Tatharel: I know! A day seems as an eternity, when you're in lo-

Bard: OKAY, I GET IT. *waves arms around dismissively*

Bain: I missed you too! I just thought I was being clingy though...

*both move in for a hug*

Bard: *watches them hug with unreadable expression on his face*