32. Hello, mom

Ji Yong woke me up by gently rocking my shoulder. "We're here." He said.

I sat up from the half-lying position I was in and rubbed my eyes. 'Ok. Let us go and finish with all this.' I thought and exited the car.

Dad and Ji Yong took the big suitcases from the back of the car and I took a smaller bag that mainly consisted of toiletries, make up and accessories. We were staying in for a few days and I suppose all that was needed. Ji Yong tried to prove me the opposite but with not much of a success.

The three of us headed for the front door one after another as my father was first, then Ji Yong and then it was me.

Dad reached for the door and opened it to reveal an empty looking house. We entered and looked around.

"Dad, where is mom?" I asked "You said she was here."

"She was. Don't worry, she may have just gone to buy something."

I looked at Ji Yong and he gave a small smile. "You'll have your chance, Anna. It is all good." I nodded.

The three of us decided to wait for my mother before doing anything. So I thought that instead of waiting on the sofa I can show my boyfriend my old room.

We climbed up the stairs and entered the second door to the left.

"Wow." was Ji Yong's reaction to the all green room.

"What?!" I laughed "I like green."

"Yeah, I know but this is like something full of green paint exploded here." He said while picking a green teddy bear from the nightstand "It's cute, though."

"Anna's room is green and Emily's is purple. Just in case you wondered." A familiar voice said out of the blue and the stranger thing was that the voice was speaking in Korean.

"Mom?! You speak Korean?!" I was shocked and judging by Ji Yong's face he did not expected it either.

Mom smiled a bit and nodded. "I was taking lessons. I and your father were planning on visiting you for Christmas... but that's not important now." She went closer to Ji Yong and shook his hand "I am Amanda. Pleased to meet you."

"Kwon Ji Yong. It's my pleasure."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

For now everything was going strange. My mom wasn't showing any signs that we have a conflict we definitely should talk about. I caught dad looking at me smiling several times and I think he and Ji Yong had agreed on doing something.

In the afternoon it all became clear.

Dad said he'd better check up on the car's carburettor or something and Ji Yong decided it was the perfect time to unpack his suitcase. So I was left alone with mom.

I took the chance and spoke first.
"I thought you were angry with me..."

"I-I was. And I was terribly wrong to blame you." She was crying now "I was so awfully wrong." She whispered the last part.

I didn't say anything, just went closer to her and hugged her. She did the same.

"Please, Anna, can you ever forgive me?" She cried.

"There's nothing to forgive. I blamed myself too. I don't need an apology or something. I only need to know that you and me are the you and me we were before that accident happened." Tears were rolling down my cheeks "Don't get me wrong, I don't want you to forget. I want you to accept it even though it is pretty much impossible."

Mom hugged me tighter. "I'll give you my apology, anyway. I guess I just wanted somebody to be guilty. I needed to blame someone. And I couldn't do this to the driver of he other car because he passed away too... It was the easiest way to take you as my object of revenge."

"It's ok now and nothing else matters." I said and we stayed in silence for a while.

"I realised my mistake when you went to Korea." She said quietly "You were gone and when your father was at work I had no one to talk to... so I decided to fix it. I started studying Korean in order not to be so lost when I visit you there one day... I wanted to make up for it all." She laughed bitterly. "You have found a man." She said "Is he good with you?"

Ji Yong's POV

I really did unpack my suitcase. When I finished I didn't hear them talking so I assumed they were over it now.

I saw them sitting hugged on the couch and was about to say something but Anna's mother did it first.

"You have found a man." She said "Is he good with you?"

Anna laughed. "Good? He is so much more than that. He saved my life... Literally!"

"He did?!" Her mother backed of from the hug and looked at Anna with shocked eyes.

"Yes... Do you remember Derek?!"

And she told her everything from the begging until now. Well, not in greatest detail, she skipped a few things. But pretty much all of our story.

From the spot I was standing I was able to see the front door. It opened quietly, Anna's father got in and then closed it quietly.

He made a sign as if saying "Is everything alright? Are they cool now?"

I grinned and nodded my head.

Everything is good. And from now on, it will always be.