Chapter Six

~ Anger is one short letter of danger

Chapter Six

After I had read through all the messages from last night, the ones that Olivia had told me I should have checked, I came to the latest one in the group chat. It was sent half an hour ago.

Das: You are so in for it, Foyles

I checked the time before I typed a reply much slower than usual, having still to gain half my energy back. Sleeping twelve straight hours wasn't enough apparently.

I'm sorry, I

Crap, I sent the message before I was able to complete it.

Das: If Rose has a problem with me from now on, you're paying for it!

Das: The assignment was due today and you didn't turn up

Little Elf : She's still in bed and hasn't recovered fully yet

After Das and I agreed that Olivia reminded us of an Elf I changed her name in my contact list.

Little Elf: Hes, I'm coming upstairs with the food, Sit up if you can

I was preparing to type 'I already am' when Das's message popped up

Das: Wait, what? How did I not know?!?!

Little Elf: Because I didn't get a chance to tell you yet, silly

I could hear the sweet chuckle of Olivia's voice. How could I hear it? She was downstairs in the kitchen and my door was shut. Don't tell me sound travels through opaque objects now. And, besides, she doesn't laugh that loud. Usually, when my door is closed and the window is shut, I can't hear a thing outside of my room. Things were getting stranger by the minute. My hearing was never this good.

I stared at my screen, waiting for Das's reply to that but I was interrupted when my door slammed against the wall from Olivia unnecessarily shoving the door hard. She strode in with her head high, a tray in her hand. There was a bowl which had steam floating above and a glass of water next to it.

"Tomato soup, and I put some shell pasta in there." she smiled proudly as if she had done everything herself, from growing the tomatoes to making the soup. In reality, it came out of a tin which she brought in her duffle bag. One bag was full of clothes for her and the other was full of tinned and packet food for me. At that current moment, she was wearing a fluffy blue onesie that had a hood at the back.

"I'm not ill," I groaned. She treated me as if it was my last few days, ensuring that she handled me delicately.

"You could have fooled me but at least you're finally awake. It's almost one in the afternoon." She placed the tray over my lap. The duvet was still on top of me. I put my phone on the bed next to me and looked down at the soup.

"Where's the spoon?" I cocked an eyebrow at her. "I'll just go downstairs and get one. I'm not paralysed or anything, you know"

"Here." She took out the spoon from the pocket on her onesie and frowned at me. "You should really brush your hair. I wouldn't be surprised if a bird popped out of it."

"My body is aching," I moaned, rolling my left shoulder backwards in a circular motion.

When Dad returned last night from the search, he had carried me to my room and soon after Olivia slipped in besides me. And let me tell you, she is not the type to sleep in one position. She is completely restless in her sleep. I woke up with her practically half on top of me and that's mainly the reason my body ached.