1

She felt the cold metal bite into her skin. As her hands tugged on the restraints, the tug in her abdomen had her thighs clenching together in agony. It never lessened the ache.

A rough tickle smoothed across her stomach. The leather burned against her body; anticipation causing goosebumps to dot her naked skin. Sweat dribbled down her cleavage.

Then, just as she felt the leather travel to the dripping place between her legs, a pair of lips grazed her ear.

"Beg me."

Jolting awake, Cara flipped her eyes open as her alarm started beeping. Heart pounding and throat dry, she quickly sat up and turned it off.

She gulped in a breath and kicked off her covers, sweat covering her body. She was burning up, parched, and reached for her glass of water on her bedside table, taking down five large gulps.

Her cheeks felt red as she relived her dream. The same kind she had been having on and off for years. They were always different, but always followed the same theme and always ended before she found out what was happening or who was talking to her. It was confusing and scary. Every time she woke up bathed in sweat, feeling hot all over, heart racing. It couldn't be normal, could it?

"Cara! Breakfast is on the table!"

She jumped when she heard her mother's voice. Quickly taking a breath and calming herself down, she called back. "Be right down!"

She went into the bathroom and tied up her hair. Splashing a handful of cold water into her face, she cooled herself down and took a deep breath to soothe herself.

It was going to be just fine. Some people just had stranger dreams than others. That didn't mean they had to mean anything. They were just dreams; obscure imaginations of her subconscious mind.

Putting on her clothes, Cara walked out of her bedroom and went downstairs to join her family for breakfast. She found them gathered around the table, her mother setting the last of the scrambled eggs on the table in a bowl.

"Good morning," Cara smiled and leaned down to kiss her father on his cheek. He gave a smile back and patted her arm.

"Morning, sweetpea. Slept well?"

Her cheeks reddened, but she pushed past it. "Yeah, and you?"

"Like a rock."

"He was snoring like a bear all night," Her mom chimed in, shaking her head while her father chuckled. "We need to get you some of those nose strips if you want to continue sleeping next to me, Harry Thompson."

"Yes, ma'am," He replied with a little chuckle, then reached for her hand and gave it a squeeze.

Cara smiled at her parents, loving their playful banter. 23 years of marriage and they could still tolerate each other. You couldn't say that about most couples these days. She considered herself lucky to have had such great role models growing up.

Her mother huffed a little, but then sighed and looked across the table as an animated sound started playing. "Sam, put that away. I've told you multiple times, no electronics at the table."

Sam, Cara's younger brother, rolled his eyes and turned off his gameboy. Cara smiled at him, then reached for his hand, just as her parents joined hands as well; they all lowered their heads and closed their eyes.

"Dear Lord," Her father spoke. "We thank You for this blessed meal You have given us. We thank You for the roof over our head, for the fortune in our life and for the love we've been given. Bless this food in the name of our savior, Jesus Christ. Amen."