4

Consent. Keeeeep remembering it. Now play the music and enjoy some Sin(ning)

Cara had come home from work shaking and trembling with each step she took. She had no idea how to explain what she had seen or been a part of tonight. It just couldn't be true.

He had vanished into thin air. Vanished. As if somebody blew out a candle, he turned into smoke before her eyes, the glowing yellow orbs being the last image imprinted on her retinas. How could it have be real?

Her whole perception of the world was hanging on by a thin thread. She knew what she had seen tonight, but she still tried to convince herself it had to be some elaborate magic trick. Everything had an explanation. Only God could perform miracles, only him, except for one other being that she knew of.

The Devil.

Cara shuddered and sunk into her bed, trying to keep her heart still. It would explain everything, his sinful touch, his aura, his... vanishing trick. She still couldn't wrap her mind around it, but it would make sense; He was the Devil.

Now the question remained; why did he want her?

The Devil didn't come for the innocent. He was a punisher, someone who made sure the guilty of heart paid for their sins. The problem was, she hadn't sinned. At least not that she knew of. Until he showed up, she had always been faithful to God. She went to church every Sunday for Mass and prayed at least twice a day and before every meal. She was liked by her peers, she always treated the people around her with kindness and she donated to charity whenever she could.

She was the image of purity, yet the Devil was coming for her.

If he really was the Devil, she had to get rid of him. He had some sort of power over her every time he touched her or came near her, but there had to be a way to banish him. Or at least a way to protect herself.

She realized how crazy it all sounded. As the thoughts went through her head, she shook it and rubbed it. It was crazy, but given what had happened the last three days, she was going to allow crazy to be a factor. She had to find a way to salvage herself, or at best, repel the Devil that seemed to have grown a fascination with her.

You're a virgin who wants to spend your whole life fucking a man that'll treat you like a fuck toy.

He was insane.

Shaking it off, Cara reached for her laptop on her desk, setting it down on the bed in front of her. Moving the mouse, the screen came alive. She opened a new window and then went to Google's homepage. Looking at the empty search bar, she hesitated. What exactly should she search?

With a deep breath, she slowly begun spelling out the words. Her fingers pressed on the keys and finally typed down her inquiry; 'Myths about Devils'

She hit Enter and then waited impatiently while the computer fetched the results. Google gave her a long list of suggestions, all more terrifying than the other. She decided to click on the second link that said something about 'Devils and Demons - Myth Encyclopedia.' She waited until the page loaded, waited for the slow internet to catch up.

Finally the page cleared and she begun reading. The more she read, the more she got convinced he really was the Devil.

'Devils. In most mythologies and religions, a devil is a leader or ruler among evil spirits, a being who acts in direct opposition to the gods. The general view is that devils are trying to destroy humans, to tempt them into sinning, or to turn them against their gods.'