9

As Sin led Cara out of the alley, she couldn't believe what had just happened. The two men were still caught in each other's embrace when Sin grabbed her arm and dragged her out. It wasn't until they were walking down the street, she finally found the usage of her voice.

"You knew," She said, astonishment pushing through her vocals. "You knew Alistair was gay?"

"Alistair struck a deal," Sin merely told. He released her from his grip as they continued down the street and pocketed his hands instead. Cara was aware of his two guard dogs following them just a few feet behind. It seemed like they had orders to keep their distance, but to stay nearby, just in case. Just in case of what, though?

"How is that any payment on your behalf? What the hell could you possibly get out of making him do... that?" Cara growled. Besides maybe feeding his God-complex – although in this case, a Devil-complex was the more fitting word, wasn't it?

"One man's sin is another man's pleasure," Sin smiled, tightly. "Or in some cases, as you witnessed back in the alley, both."

"So you admit it?" Cara snapped and stopped up. "You admit that you did that to Alistair? You made him sin, even though he clearly didn't want to."

"Oh, he wanted to," Sin chuckled. "He'd wanted that all of his life, as a matter of fact. I found him, just like I found you. It's a curious thing, though..." He said and suddenly stopped up as well. He slowly turned to look at her with slightly speculative eyes. "His stench of sin overpowered yours... had you not come up to me that day, I might never have found you."

Cara twisted her face in a grimace. "Are you trying to say all of this is on me? All that you've done to me is my fault?"

"No. That was always inevitable... but it should've happened years ago. Perhaps then this would've been easier..." Sin added, though it sounded mostly to himself.

Cara stared for a moment, trying to read him, but then shook her head. He was distracting her from her original question and using his mind games instead to try and convince her all of this somehow made sense. "Stop evading my question. You just confessed to making Alistair sin, which means you've been lying all along. You make people sin. You force them to—"

"I never force anything," Sin's thunderous voice broke through. Her lips closed when he walked up to her with his glowing eyes growing a darker shade. "There is so much you don't know about sinning yet. We don't make people sin, we liberate the sinners."

"You keep saying that, but I'm not a sinner!" Cara seethed, stepping closer to him. She was furious and she could feel her heart pumping with adrenaline and her fists coiling in rage. "I've lived a virtuous life and always praised God's will! I grew up with His word and—"

"And you never listened to the voice he put within you," Sin cut her off again and suddenly gripped her arm. Cara gasped and felt a zap go through her as Sin yanked her closer and cupped her face. "Not all sins are committed, Cara, but all must be released. You're a sinner who hasn't sinned yet, and that is the biggest sin you'll ever commit. And that will be your doom," He whispered against her lips.

Cara sensed his bodyguards shift behind them when Sin moved closer to her. She couldn't breathe, but heat was coursing through her veins like lava. She could feel his throbbing aura pulsing in the air around her, making her ears thud and her heart hammer in her chest.

But then, Sin suddenly pulled back and softened his grip. His eyes boiled down and he exhaled, the tension evaporating like fog. Just like that, he let her go and stepped away, like nothing transpired.