Chapter 8

Freddie's POV

I ran to Tomika.

"Tomika".

"Yeah"?

"What are you doing"?

"Walking to school".

"Change school with hospital".

"Walking to...Freddie".

"I asked principle Mullens if we could go to the hospital and visit Summer during the first half of school".

"You did that"?

I nodded.

"Why"?

"Because Summer is your best friend and you're the only one that hasn't talked to her yet".

Then she hugged me and I hugged back.

"Thanks Freddie".

Zack's POV

I was walking to school when I saw Tomika hugging Freddie. Why is Freddie hugging my girl?! Tomika is mine!

Tomika's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep. That's the noise the machine that tells you if you're alive or dead makes. I've been sitting here for half an hour. Watching Summer and hearing the machine beep.

"Summer, it's Tomiks. Listen, I'm sorry that I ran out yesterday. I know you can't hear me but I'm still going to say this. Listen, you really we're all worried about you, especially me and Freddie. We're both a mess. So please wake up, we miss you Sum".

Beep. Beep. Beeeeeeeeeeeee.....

"Summer"?

The machine kept saying she was dead.

"NO, YOU CAN'T BE DEAD, PLEASE, SUMMER"!

The doctors and Freddie rushed in. Freddie grabbed me and was trying to pull me out.

"CLEAR"!

"SUMMER"!

"Tomika, don't look", Freddie whispered in my ear.

I stopped fighting and let him drag me out.

At school

I hope Summer is okay. We went into the classroom and everyone stared at us. Then Zack marched up to Freddie and punched him in the eye, knocking him to the floor.

"ZACK"!

Zack continued punching Freddie, and he just sat there and took it. Not saying a word. Mr. Finn and I pulled Zack off of him.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU"?!

"WHY WERE YOU AND FREDDIE TOGETHER"!

"WE WERE AT THE HOSPITAL VISITING SUMMER, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT JEALOUS, WHEN WE'RE NOT EVEN TOGETHER"!

"Tomika-".

"SUMMER IS PROBABLY DEAD AND YOU DON'T EVEN CARE, I HATE YOU"!

I ran out crying.

Zack's POV

"I HATE YOU"!

I felt my heart break in two. The girl I love, just said she hated me. Guilt washed over me. I looked at Freddie.

"Freddie, I'm sorry man".

"It's cool", he said quietly.

I know he's lying.

"We're good"?

He nodded.

"Are you sure, because if you wanna punch me in the eye, I'll be okay with it".

He stood up.

"All I care about is if Summer is okay".