Chapter 13

Tomika's POV

I walked into my house gloomy.

"Hi mo-".

Mom hugged me.

"Are you okay, I heard about Summer".

"I'm fine mom, I just wanna go to my room".

"Okay, come to me if you wanna talk".

"Okay mom, love you".

"Love you too".

She kissed my cheek and walked into the kitchen. I went upstairs to my room. The window was still broken but at least the tree is gone. I laid on my bed and listened to music. I closed my eyes and thought about Summer. I realized something. Am I really a good friend?

Then, someone splashed water all over me. I was completely soaked. I looked up and saw my brothers.

Summer's POV

I went to Tomika's room and found her soaking wet and her brothers hovering over her. That sentence sounds wrong to me, I have a dirty mind.

"Where's your dumb friend Summer"?

I gasped.

"She isn't dumb", Tomika said standing up.

Her brother pushed her back onto the bed. A smile appeared on my face. I knocked down the vase in Tomika's room. They turned towards the sound and didn't see me of course.

"What the hell was that"?

Then I got Tomika's collection of rocks and spread them on the floor.

This is Tomika's dumb dead friend Summer. If you don't leave her alone then you will feel my wrath.

Then I made the light bulb break. They screamed.

Matt's POV

Maybe me and the guys have been hard on her. She is growing up, we're just ready for her to do that. I walked into the house and saw mom.

"Hey mom".

"Hey Mattie".

"I need to tell you something".

"What is it sweetie"?

"Remember when I told you Tomika broke the vase"?

"Yeah".

"Well-".

I was interrupted by screaming. Andrew and Zander ran down the stairs covered in flour.

"MOM"!

"What's wrong"?

"We were in Tomika's room and-".

"Why were you in Tomika's room".

"Uhh".

"Busted", I said.

"Matt, go upstairs and check on Tomika".

Tomika's POV

"Summer are you really there"?

No answer. Maybe I can't hear her talking.

"If you're here, grab a book and put it on the floor".

Nothing. Now I feel dumb. Then, one of my books started floating and landed on the floor.

"Summer, you're really here"!

Then Matt came into my room.

"Who are you talking to"?

"No one".

"O-kay. Mom wanted me to check on you, you okay"?

"Yeah, fine".

"Cool".

He was about to leave when he stopped.

"Tomika, you know we love you right, we don't want you to get hurt".

"I know. I'm sorry that I said I hate you, I don't".

"We kinda deserved it".

"Kinda"?

"Okay, we deserved it".

I laughed and so did he.

"We cool"?

"Yeah, we're cool".

We fist bumped and he left.

Summer's POV

Awwww, that was so sweet. I looked at the flour on the floor. Idea! I gathered the flour into a pile. I dumped out Tomika's trash can and scooped up the flour. Then I poured it all over myself.

"Summer"!

"Tomika"!

We hugged. Actually, she went through me so we sorta hugged. For one second.

"So you're a ghost now"?

I nodded.

"I wonder why you're still here and not in, you know, heaven. Maybe, God wanted you to stay with us and live your ghostly life here".

"Wow".

"Anyway, I'm glad you're here. Well, sorta here. I didn't get to say sorry".

"For what"?

"Summer, I can't hear you talking. Andrew has a thing that let's you hear ghost, I'll be back".

She left and came back with a transmitter. I took it.

Tomika's POV

"C-can yo-you hear m-me"?

"Yeah".

"W-why a-are yo-you sorry"?

"Because, I didn't say anything to you when you were awake and then when I went into your room and tried to wake you up, you never woke up".

"T-Tomika, it's n-not your f-fault".

"But, I'm your best friend, I've should've been there when that tree fell on you".

"So t-that's w-what this is a-about".

"Yeah, if I had been there-".

"Tomix, yo-you we-weren't the-there".

"You're my best friend Sum".

"You're m-my bes-best friend t-too Tomix".

Author's note
Doesn't this remind you of the haunted Hathaways? I'll see you guys in the next chapter! Bye! :-)