The Feeling Of Anger

"He is growing stronger as we speak, Alpha. He's brought many Dark Ones to his land. He' preparing for war with the humans." Jonathan, a secret spy for the pack, states grimly.

My lip curls back and I flash my canines. I abruptly stand up, knocking my chair to the floor with a loud crack.

All eyes snap to me.

"We can't keep sitting around any longer, Father. Do you not hear this? We are supposed to protect the humans and we're just sitting here as their population decreases rapidly!" I growled lowly.

My eyes burned with gold flecks as my wolf began to surface.

"Sit down, Dani, I know what I'm doing. I'm Alpha and what I say, goes." My Father snapped at me, growling to show he was the dominant one in the room.

I reluctantly tilted my head, exposing my neck to show submission. I sat back in my chair after straightening it and kept a dark look on my face. I wasn't happy about my Father's recent decisions.

"Now, we will wait a little longer and see what Erique plans to do. He knows declaring war will be very risky. With us helping the humans he is bound to loose many casualties. We have the advantage but maybe not for long if Erique keeps recruiting Dark Ones." My Father spoke sternly in an authoritative manor.

I bit back a growl.

"What are you waiting for?" I cried.

"You know once King Erique says he's going to do something, he's damn well going to do it. Start attacking while we still have the advantage, make him weaker!" I snapped.

"I can't do that, Dani. We don't know for sure if he plans on declaring war. Right now it's just a rumor." My Father shook his head.

"We have spies for a reason. Jonathan said so himself that he's seen Dark Ones. What would King Erique need Dark Ones for, other than war and to harm people." I stood up again.

"Sit down!" My Father growled, standing up himself.

"No, I'm done standing by and watching humans die. We promised the Moon Goddess to protect them and right now, you're breaking that promise." I snarled and left the room.

Emotions swirled within me and conflicted with each other. I became so overwhelmed with anger that my wolf began to surface and take control.

I ran down the hallway leading to the back door of the pack house and ripped the door open just as fur sprouted on my skin and my back hunched. My body began to shift and I let out a growl of warning for those ahead of me.

When I passed, everyone jumped out of the way, alarmed at the speed I was going.

"Oh dear!" A mother from the pack held her hand to her chest as she clutched her child to her hip.

I sprinted towards the forest, feeling the need to run off my anger before I did something I'd regret later.

How am I supposed to be ready for the Alpha position in a few days when my Father constantly argues with me with every decision I make?

A snarl slipped past my muzzle and I picked up my pace.

How can I possibly make the right decision if I keep worrying about what my father will think?

My paws thundered against the ground and I felt pride swell deep within me as I remembered that no other regular She-Wolf could do this because they weren't an Alpha's daughter.

But they also don't have to deal with the burden of becoming the future Alpha of the pack, I reminded myself.

I barred my teeth at the thought. I'd have to find my mate before becoming Alpha because no Alpha can stand alone when running a pack.

I had such a short time span to find my mate and I hated that I couldn't meet my mate like any other She-Wolf. I had to find mine instead of Fate having us stumble upon one another.

A vicious growl rumbled in my throat. I had more problems to deal with than having the happy meeting I wanted with my mate. My obligation to the pack to take over was to find my mate and I had yet to do that.

I slowed down to a quick paced trot as my anger slowly began to fade.

I shifted back to my human form and pulled out a large t-shirt from the tree nearest to me.

I always kept clothing in trees so I wouldn't have to be inconvenienced in carrying clothes in my mouth. Plus, I didn't want my shirts covered in wolf saliva.

I let my feet sink into the wet, weakened mud from the recent storm we had. I relished in the feeling, overjoyed at the coldness of the mud.

A felt a light smile dance on my lips as I started to walk through the forest. I loved coming here, the woods was my safe haven, my sanctuary.

I turned back around, my anger gone, like it never effected me, like I never had an argument with my father.

I ran back home, needing to plan out how I was going to take down King Erique and the others who wanted to go to war with the humans. Then I needed to figure out how I was going to find my mate.

If I didn't find my mate before the deadline of me becoming Alpha, the Alpha position would go to my younger brother, Nicholas. Me failing to find my mate would show the inability to meet deadlines and do what's best for the pack.

I reluctantly entered the pack house, my anger from a little while ago turning to uneasiness. My body was tense as I passed my father in the hallway and made my way up to my room.

"Dani, you know you're not supposed to leave the premises of the house unless you tell someone where you're going." My Father reminded me but now was not the time to chastise me, did he not see that?

"Yes, Father." I said trough gritted teeth and my way to my room.

I shut the door and locked it so no one could get in. I really wasn't in the best mood right now and did not feel like talking to anyone.

I sat at my desk by my window and starred outside as I pondered what I should do about King Erique.

Erique is a sadistic vampire who enjoys killing humans and his excuse for wanting to go to war with them is because they kill his kind out of their fear.

How would I be able to get on his land without being captured or noticed? If I walked onto that land right now, he'd be able to smell the Alpha blood running through my veins.

I tapped my finger against the desk before an idea entered my mind and a sly smile slid across my face.

A/N:Hey guys, I have a really good feeling about this story!! Thank you so much for reading, I'll try to update as often as I can.