The Plan Of Revenge

The Plan Of Revenge

My sly smile grew wider as I stood up and clasped my hands together.

I've got the perfect plan.

I headed straight for my door, unlocking it and going down stairs to the front porch.

"Oh boy, I know that look, what are you thinking?" My best friend, Eva, came in step beside me.

I smirked at her and she held a knowing facial expression.

"Oh, nothing. Just thinking." I told her as we continued to walk, making our way towards the woods.

I had to be far away from my father and any other pack member who'd tattle on me.

Jared, Keith, Mason, and Simon, follow me into the woods, now. I ordered through the pack link, although I made sure the message was shut off between the other pack members.

Coming, Dani. They replied.

Even though I had yet to become Alpha, pack members still had to listen to me when I gave orders, whether they liked it or not.

Pack members used to be able to ignore my orders when I was just a child since I wasn't fit to be Alpha yet, but now that I'm coming of age, they have no choice but to obey me.

I smiled in content and dragged Eva along with me.

"Where are we going? And I hardly doubt you just thinking. That look is a 'Plan Look'." She argued and I laughed.

"Eva, you know me so well. That's why your coming along." I said and she shook her head.

"Oh no, I don't want anything to do with this. I could be in severe trouble with your father if I followed what you did." She protested and I gave her look of 'Yeah Right'.

"Since when have you ever gotten in trouble with the things I've planned out?" I challenged her.

"Uh...um, that time when...um.." She trailed off, unable to come up with an example.

"My point exactly." I said in triumph.

She scowled, not liking the situation she was in.

"Oh, come on, you know you like a good rush of adrenaline every once in a while." I nudged her with my elbow.

"Fine, but I'll only do this because you're my friend." Eva caved in, knowing I was right.

"Yes!" I did a little victory dance.

I could always get her do something if I really wanted to but really, she's always wanted to do the things I come up with.

I could hear the male wolves trailing a bit behind us, giving Eva and I some girl time.

"So, how are you?" I asked, my tone lower.

"Pretty good, I think I've had time to finally accept Marco's death." She said quietly and I nodded solemnly.

Marco was Eva's mate and he passed just a couple of months ago. It's been a struggle for Eva since they had recently mated before he was killed by Vampires.

"As long as I don't think about it, I'll be fine." She let out a shaky breath and I put my arm around her.

"We'll get revenge, I promise." I told her and she looked at me, pain and anguish swirling around in her eyes.

"I hope so. I want to see the look on their faces when they die. I want them to feel what I felt when I lost my mate." She whispered, her words harsh.

Eva's situation only fueled my need to kill the Vampires. To kill King Erique.

"I know, I know. And we'll do that, even if it's the last thing I do on this planet." I promised her and she nodded, her eyes now full of hope and anger.

She wanted them to die. She wanted her revenge just as badly as I did.

Once we walked out far enough into the woods where no one in a mile radius from the pack house could hear us, we stopped and gathered around in a tight circle.

"We're loosing daylight so I'm going to say this fast." I began, making sure I had their attention.

"We're going to go on Erique's land tomorrow in the late afternoon, just before it's dark. We're going to get revenge on those who've hurt us and made us suffer. We'll split up into three groups, easily killing off many more Vampires that way. If we get far enough, we'll make our way to the castle and try fighting off the palace guards and officials, successfully weakening Erique's defenses." I explained and the guys shifted uneasily.

"We most likely won't get far enough to the castle but all that matters is that we weaken him, even just a little bit. If we get overwhelmed, all we have to do is turn around and run back to our land." I continued.

"I'm not meaning to be disrespectful and challenge your authority, but won't that just cause a war between us and the Vampires if we do that?" Simon asked and I shook my head.

"He'd be too weak for a war after we're done." I replied and Eva spoke up.

"I agree with Dani, we should strike now while we have the chance. Make him weaker so we can build up our own defenses while he's still recovering from lost soldiers." She agreed with me and I gave a satisfactory smile.

"I suppose that's a plausible plan. That'd give us more time to train and less time for him to recruit Dark Ones." Keith nodded, processing this.

"She's right, I have to say, it's a pretty good plan." Jared nodded as well.

"Yeah, well how are we going to get over the border without them smelling us out immediately. We'll be surrounded before we can even find someone to kill." Mason pointed out.

"And that's why I have a plan for that as well. We have three humans here in our pack who are mates to three of our members. We could use them to catch the Vampires of guard. Right now, they're trying to lay low so the humans won't be able to detect who's a Vampire and who's not. When the vampires smell us, they'll think we're human and leave us be. All four of you will have to give the male human your shirts to wear so his scent will rub off on your clothing since there is no way you'll be fitting into his clothes. Eva and I will just borrow a shirt from Sarah and Selene tomorrow evening when we leave." I tell them and they nod.

"This is confidential, not a single one of you tell another person. Don't even drop a hint or I'll have your head. This is the best time to strike and I will not have one of you trying to stop me, understood?" I look at them all sternly.

"Yes, Dani." They answered and exposed their necks in submission.

"Good, now let's stop wasting time and get back to the pack house. You four go to Alex and just tell him to wear your shirts over night. Tell him that it was an order from me but don't give them any other details." I ordered and they agreed.

"We've finally got a plan." I smirked at Eva as we started making our way back to the pack house and she smiled with a small amount of wickedness.

"Let's make them suffer." She laughed a bit, but there was no humor in it.

It was time for us to have our revenge.