Impossible To Stop

Impossible To Stop

I looked through the rooms on the second floor but none of them suited my tastes. The paint was always too bright or just plain black. I wanted a room that was in between.

I leaned against the wall out in the hallway and put my forehead against the cool surface.

What have I gotten myself into? What have I gotten my pack into?

I closed my eyes, trying to push all my overwhelming emotions away. I couldn't deal with feelings right now, I had too many things I needed to focus on. Getting Keith back to normal was first.

I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

"Isn't it funny that we always end up meeting in the hallway?" Erique's voice ruined my silence.

"It's better than meeting in a bedroom if that's what you're implying." I snorted in response.

"Yes...I suppose it would." His voice had become huskier.

"What do you want, I have no interest in talking to you or seeing your face. Why don't you just scram?" I offered and he growled.

"My sister wanted me to check up on you so I followed her wishes, it's not like I wanted to see you anyway." He snarled.

I turned, facing him.

"Your sister says you do what you please, so don't feed me bullshit. You want to mess with me so just hightail it on out of here. I don't feel like being in your twisted games, I have more important things to do." I snapped.

"Like what? Being an Alpha? Too bad your little friend doesn't think so." He smirked and pain clawed at my chest.

"Go away you damn bastard." I growled and he laughed.

"I don't think I want to. Remember, I still have to get back at you for slapping me." His smile grew to an evil grin.

"Stop!" I shouted and he seemed taken back.

"What?" He asked.

"You only have one choice. I'm not going to sit here and be your little play toy. You rejected me, so you'd better damn well leave me alone. I'm not going to be tormented and I'm not going to be in pain because you keep appearing and reminding me of your rejection. I have a heart, so yes, I feel pain. Your rejection hurts, so if you're just going to torment me, let me and my pack mates go." I spoke.

He laughed again.

"Sorry, but your execution is coming up, try not to forget." He said and then walked away.

"The nerve of you people!" I scoffed and stomped off down the hallway.

I need to find a way out of here anyway for when Keith gets better. Hopefully, that'll be before our execution, but even if it's not, Erique wouldn't be able to kill his own mate.

It's impossible.

Really, Dani? You're going to underestimate the Vampire King? Good luck with that. I told myself.

I growled, seething as I walked down a set of stairs.

"Vampires and their damn egotistical ways. They always have to have the upper hand!" I snarled as my feet hit the last step.

I marched down hallways, looking for possible escape routes.

There were doors that led outside but they were all blocked by guards. Guards who were infuriatingly disrespectful.

"You're not going anywhere, dog." One had said and the others laughed.

I had flicked him off before trying to find another way out.