break from toronto [3] ↠ the mini series (discontinued)

"So you're really not into animé?" Keith asked, looking over at you as you continued to look at the beautiful sight in front of you

"So you're really not into animé?" Keith asked, looking over at you as you continued to look at the beautiful sight in front of you. You never expected for California to have beaches as beautiful as the ones Toronto held; the sun was setting and the sky was a pinkish-yellow color—it was amazing to say the least. "I never got into it; probably because I never watched the right ones," you shrugged, letting a soft smile trail upon your lips.

You could see Keith nodding his head in understanding from the corner of your eye, almost causing you to smile even more until you stopped yourself. It had been three hours—three hours since Keith dragged you out of the night club still occupied with your best friend, alongside his friends—and you were glad you left. You were never the clubbing type, as Keith saw prior, and the way the oceans' waves crashing into each other echoed into your ear drums almost made you feel like you were living the life of a movie. You had only been in Beverly Hills—California, period— for a couple hours, and you were already falling in love with it. Shit, you wouldn't mind moving here. "Hey, (Your Name)?" Keith sounded, causing you to finally turn your full attention to him, "What's up?"

"Have you ever fallen in love before?" Your breathe hitched suddenly as your lips ran dry. You couldn't say the question didn't catch you by surprise, but it was the type of question that only a person of deeper interest would ask a total stranger. He was intrigued with you—the utter difference of your personality from everyone else he's met, explained to you by himself. It turned you on to say the least, but you had to keep yourself under control.. for now. "I honestly don't know," you sighed, kicking your legs a bit as you let yourself grow comfortable on the hood of his convertible, him sitting right beside you, observing your very being, "I've only had one boyfriend to be honest, and it wasn't a serious relationship." Keith's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Shouldn't all relationships be serious?"

Oh, Keith, if you only knew.

"You would think so, right?" you semi-chuckled, looking down at your legs, looking back up at Keith, "Like you already said tonight, I'm different. I don't tolerate what other girls tolerate; I don't like what other girls like. I'd pick an intelligent man with a diverse mindset rather than a "nigga" with a big dick and some cash stashed somewhere in his mansion." Keith laughed as you put air quotes around the word 'nigga', as well as your physical disgust with the comparison you had just given. "You have something against big dicks or?" Keith joked, smirking with a raise of an eyebrow. Your cheeks grew hot as you quickly looked away, "N-no, I'm just—" "It was a joke, (Your Nickname), don't overthink it," Keith laughed once more, causing you to grow a bit embarrassed. "Sorry," you apologized.

"Sorry for what? You're being authentic, and I must say, it's quite refreshing," Keith admitted with a shrug of his shoulders, "I haven't had a two hour long conversation without growing bored in a while. There's only so much the boys can do for me, and most of the time, our conversations are about nothing but the next chick they're planning on fucking." You rose your eyebrows in shock, "They really talk about that?" "We're men—they're just the immature kind. But Luke? He knows when to speak of such and when not to," Keith nodded, smiling a bit, "He's like the big brother of the group, and that's only because Elijah keeps tellin' us how we're all 'his kids'." Watching Keith put the air quotes around 'his kids' had you cracking up, only for Keith to join along with you, "Seriously, that nigga is somethin' else." "I believe you," you smiled, intertwining your fingers together as you kept your eyes on Keith, "Thanks for taking me out here. It was beautiful." "A beautiful site to match a beautiful face and personality; if anything, I should be thanking you. You made this little getaway more interesting and less lonely," Keith admitted, smiling.