Tower Attack

Rea POV

While the separate Teams were off finding the remaining Stones, Iron Man and Spencer were hanging back at Avengers tower with Hawkeye, along with me who is trying to fix the pendant device using the tools that I borrow from Iron Man. I was trying to fix the dial on the device which Shane almost break it. I maybe smart as Apu but I'm not an inventor beside I'm not good at inventing, only calculation and theory. It figures huh? While the others go out and look for these Infinity Stones, I have to keep Iron Man and his company to guard the most dangerous man in the galaxy. Some fangirl I got mixed up into. As i was jiggling around the dial, it began to fritz and spark a bit then stopped. I sighed with disappointment and said, "Great, i was able to fix the dial somehow but I can't understand its structure. Apu really is a good inventor." I thought I can fix the device somehow but I decided not to becoz I don't want to risk being teleported to somewhere else or worst.

Iron man said, "Remind me again why we're doing this?" I groaned and said, "We've been over this, Iron Man. The Infinity Stones are to powerful to wield, not even a human or any of us can handle it."Dr. Light said, "She's right, A device must be constructed in order to harness them."

"Just like the Infinity Gauntlet? Y'know what I mean...."

Iron man who looks annoyed at us for the theory. "rhetorical question, you two but thank you."He said as he turned to Spencer. "Spencer, can you pass me that coupling over there?"

"Sure"Spencer said, using his robotic arm to stretch and grab the coupling then tossed it to Iron Man.

"Y'know I could whip up a replacement....something a little more sporty, little less last place in high school science----"

"Yeah...I'm good, thx"

I said to him, "He's grown attach to his arm, beside he is a bionic commander."there was silence as Iron Man stared at me who I was sitting on the seat, looking bored then stared at the pendant device at my hand. He broke of the silence by asking, "So, in your world; Am I really that famous?"I blinked at him and said, "Uh yeah they made movies, episodes and comics about you. Plus, they even have fan clubs."

"Wow, They sure love me."

"Yes.....We also root for heroes but sometimes there are those who like villains."

"I didn't know that.....And that device, Energy Projector is it....your friend made that?

"He and his twin brother are rich people but he sometimes invent things for fun but not for weapons. Except the part that most of his toys survived from not blowing up. He's cool and alright guy."

"Kinda like me"

"Yeah but minus being playboy and all...."

"Uh-huh Hmm.... *staring at the pendant* y'know I could help you fix that device beside I always wanted to see how he made."He said as he was about to grabbed it but I whisked from his reach. I said sternly, "Actually, I prefer my friend fixing it instead of having you dismantle it into pieces just for your curiosity. So, I'm not taking any chances."I placed it in my pocket just to be in safe precaution.

That's when Hawkeye called in his com, "Hawkeye to Stark, we got movements, seven kliks out. Multiple targets, Closing fast....Its Ultron Sigma." I shuddered when I heard Ultron Sigma would send his goons to attack us. "Shields Charging now." Dr. Light said. "60 seconds to full power."

I heard windows crashing as 4 drones barged in. Spencer said to me, "Quick kid, you should take cover while we deal with them."As Iron Man and Spencer attack the drones while Dr. Light is still charging the shield. If only I had superpower, I can help them but even I felt helpless without a weapon though. As the drones were cleared out, the shield was activated much to my relief. Iron man said in his com, "Good job, Barton. Take a break." WHen I thought we were safe but it was short lived when I saw the red screen. Doctor Light said, "SHield holding at 80 percent. At this rate, it will be breached within minutes."